Re: Garden Club - November 2018

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

oh i know...

applebees please! 😂

I'm the same way... while I have experienced fine dining (years ago) at this point I'm happiest at a chain steakhouse.  Filet perfectly cooked, an order of butter with a little potato on the side and glass of Booker's on the rocks (or tea if I'm driving) and I'm a happy camper.  feedme.gif

For the record I'm not against fine dining, it's just that to me it's not that much better (for what I like, anyway) to justify the price difference, and I'm well beyond the time in my life where I was trying to impress.  grandpa.gif

Side note:  If I ate seafood I might feel differently, but with steak the quality is generally just as good at any of the mid-level chain restaurants.  (Or perhaps I'm just 'simple'.)

im just simple LOL.. i cant see the point in spending all that money just to go out to eat. and we cant afford it 😂

LOL... I'm likely simple these days as well, and there's nothing wrong with that!  Smiley Happy

You're likely the same as me... we can afford it, but it's a matter of prioritization; i.e. we'd have to do without something else. 

In my case, at this point in my life I prefer to make my own steak every Friday night (like I usually do) than to eat out once a month, since cost-wise it's about the same.  (Actually, I can make steak and a baked potato for not much more than it costs for me to eat at Burger King.)

A  real good steak cost about $12 plus my time to cook it.  

I get tired of fast food. When I am out inspecting Zaxby, Wendys, Arbys, Krystal, taco Bell all cost around $8.  Overpriced.  

I can almost always get a filet for under $10, making it close to the same price as fast-food if you don't take prep time and sides into consideration.  Smiley Happy

Message 801 of 3,651
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to all,  new in the dirt here. Smiley Happy

Last HP 10/4/2018

Just getting started on a Debt Management Plan, and also starting EarnUp.  I'm still working on the HTML stuff to get cards posted, but I wanted to declare myself "Planted" because it will help me see progress.

I'm planning to garden until 5/1/2019 and then see how things look.  

Thanks!!

Welcome to the Garden Club, @Anonymous! welcome.gif

I got your seedling sorted out (for best results, put the code at the very beginning) and you now have the system permission to add and edit HTML to your siggy yourself!  Smiley Wink

Again, welcome!  wavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

--UB

Message 802 of 3,651
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Purge season finale 👍🏻
"new season coming soon" yay!

The purge is what happens after Remedios takes the Miralax . 

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 803 of 3,651
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My backup.   https://www.yelp.com/biz/backwater-melbourne

That would be awesome to make your own pancakes

No way. You guys are real suckers for going places where they have you cook your own food. You can do that at home!

You're missing the point... when you go somewhere and do the work yourself, you get credit card rewards!   smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 804 of 3,651
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My backup.   https://www.yelp.com/biz/backwater-melbourne

That would be awesome to make your own pancakes

No way. You guys are real suckers for going places where they have you cook your own food. You can do that at home!

Except I don't have to buy all the toppings, prepare them, keep them in the fridge until they go bad, or clean up.

It's pancakes. You need syrup and butter.

he's right you know.jpg

Message 805 of 3,651
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Purge season finale 👍🏻
"new season coming soon" yay!

The purge is what happens after Remedios takes the Miralax . 

Currently it's You Shall Not Pass. 

Purge would be welcomed

I'll keep you posted

you-shall-not-pass-gandalf-lotr.gif

Message 806 of 3,651
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

My amex statement won't be available until the 16th, but I want to make a payment. Problem is I'm experimenting with the plan it and I don't want to screw that up. My understanding is that if I pay over the minimum, the overage will be applied to the plan it balance before everything else. I don't have a minimum yet and the plan it won't start into December. 🤔

Message 807 of 3,651
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Adkins wrote:
And it's almost 1am. I haven't had dinner yet, and just now got the girls drained when they last got done at 4pm. To top it off, the toddler threw a hissy and kicked one of them during her bedtime routine, and it still hurts, on top of needing to be drained hurt. The little one finally went down 30 minutes ago (like, I have no idea what her issue was this evening!!), the same time as the toddler who had woken up & had been crying/screaming on & off for the last hour.

Ask me my mood right now.

....and the little one just woke up. WTH.

LOL... you've officially forfeited the right to complain about anyone oversharing from now on!  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Tongue

Message 808 of 3,651
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@tacofade - looking for more? I'm surprised.

Yes, but not in a hurry.  Smiley Happy

2019 goals, pay off DW's credit card debt and/or move from her name to mine (at lower interest rates) via zero percent BTs and/or another Personal Loan.  We'll see what January brings.

She'll be a bit more difficult than I was, as roughly half of her credit card debt is under 10% APR.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 809 of 3,651
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Adkins wrote:
And it's almost 1am. I haven't had dinner yet, and just now got the girls drained when they last got done at 4pm. To top it off, the toddler threw a hissy and kicked one of them during her bedtime routine, and it still hurts, on top of needing to be drained hurt. The little one finally went down 30 minutes ago (like, I have no idea what her issue was this evening!!), the same time as the toddler who had woken up & had been crying/screaming on & off for the last hour.

Ask me my mood right now.

....and the little one just woke up. WTH.

LOL... you've officially forfeited the right to complain about anyone oversharing from now on!  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Tongue

Ha! I wasn't complaining on that post! That was for protecting the delicate men-folk! 🤣

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 810 of 3,651
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.