Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2018

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - November 2018

And, I've stopped caring about my score since getting the amex. I know it will only go up as my balances go down.

Message 1641 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

And, I've stopped caring about my score since getting the amex. I know it will only go up as my balances go down.

Amex as of the last couple months made themselves my DD.

Message 1642 of 3,651
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Alliant is inviting me to apply for their plain vanilla Platinum card. I have my own personal invite code,  and the offer is just for me they say. But the interest rate spread in that email is as big as what's on their website for a cold app, and I'm being invite to apply - nothing about preapproval.

I'm not shopping for credit right now, but I am curious about whether I'm missing something in the pitch, or is it just presenting me with a cold app but trying to make me feel all warm and special inside?

I'll take warm and special in this weather we're having, but the card? Not so much.

Message 1643 of 3,651
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Good morning. Woke up at 3 am. Nuff said
Message 1644 of 3,651
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

....presumably withOUT an Amex... 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1645 of 3,651
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

Alliant is inviting me to apply for their plain vanilla Platinum card. I have my own personal invite code,  and the offer is just for me they say. But the interest rate spread in that email is as big as what's on their website for a cold app, and I'm being invite to apply - nothing about preapproval.

I'm not shopping for credit right now, but I am curious about whether I'm missing something in the pitch, or is it just presenting me with a cold app but trying to make me feel all warm and special inside?

I'll take warm and special in this weather we're having, but the card? Not so much.

You're not missing anything, it's just a marketing-driven invitation to apply.  That's something Alliant does regularly.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1646 of 3,651
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.  Once in a while the husband/wife team thing works out perfectly.  Smiley Happy

I mentioned yesterday that I was home, DD had to go to work and I was hoping for a date with DW... she gets home, walks upstairs and announces, "I would like a date, please!"

Smiley Happy

No real credit news to report... I expect Fico8 scores to keep growing over the next few weeks as lower balances and paid OFF accounts report.  

(...and DW LOVES her air fryer... as fishface said, it's best for prepackaged foods that you're heating up, but it's quick and works well!)

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1647 of 3,651
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

....presumably withOUT an Amex... 

I checked my wallet. You're right 😥

Message 1648 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

so yea..
we live on a main street the plow goes by 400 times.. thats awesome right? except for the end of our driveway 😂
but got bf out and to work
so waiting for some rain as there ice on top of the snow..

because not only do we need to shovel the driveway i have to shovel the whole sidewalk in front of the house, the fire hydrant, the bus stop and all around the house because of the basement...
fun times
Message 1649 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eight months later, I have finally ascended to Valued.

I has a value now, bidding starts at 20 bucks.

Message 1650 of 3,651
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.