Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - November 2018

I really shouldn't be left alone. Smiley Very Happy

I'm almost done with the spend for my SPG bonus (thank you business travel) and Amex is dangling a $250 for $2k spend to upgrade my BCE to a BCP. I don't really have the spend to justify keeping this as a BCP long term as my GF does most of the shopping but I've been contemplating adding her to my BCE for groceries...

For anyone who hasn't done the math yet: You need to spend about 1500/yr on groceries to cover the AF. You need to spend $3166 before you are actually better off with the BCP. https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.06x-95%3D0.03x

Now, for the Gas\Dept. Store category as long as you're spending $3200/yr you're going to cover the AF; however, you need to spend 9500/yr before you're better off with the BCP. https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.03x-95%3D0.02x

This card would really impress me *IF* the BCP was 2% on "everything else".

Kinda contemplating going for it. It's been there a while. Maybe I'll wait a little longer.....
Message 1921 of 3,651
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:
I am sure this is not unusual but I am giddy over a stupid piece of plastic.
Like first date giddy 😝

Are you trying on different outfits to wear for when you use it for the first time?

Message 1922 of 3,651
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Like first date giddy 😝

Are you trying on different outfits to wear for when you use it for the first time?

I wore my best clothes when I hit apply button

Message 1923 of 3,651
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I really shouldn't be left alone. Smiley Very Happy

I'm almost done with the spend for my SPG bonus (thank you business travel) and Amex is dangling a $250 for $2k spend to upgrade my BCE to a BCP. I don't really have the spend to justify keeping this as a BCP long term as my GF does most of the shopping but I've been contemplating adding her to my BCE for groceries...

For anyone who hasn't done the math yet: You need to spend about 1500/yr on groceries to cover the AF. You need to spend $3166 before you are actually better off with the BCP. https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.06x-95%3D0.03x

Now, for the Gas\Dept. Store category as long as you're spending $3200/yr you're going to cover the AF; however, you need to spend 9500/yr before you're better off with the BCP. https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.03x-95%3D0.02x

This card would really impress me *IF* the BCP was 2% on "everything else".

Kinda contemplating going for it. It's been there a while. Maybe I'll wait a little longer.....

Ya know, if you have to do a bunch of math to see if cashback card is a good deal...

Message 1924 of 3,651
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Like first date giddy 😝

We should make a chase thread. This would be an interesting data point.

Message 1925 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
Like first date giddy 😝

Ummm you climbed an 8 foot fence guarded with garden ninjas loaded with an electric shock. Appreciate your prize, love your prize. Be giddy. 

Message 1926 of 3,651
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Like first date giddy 😝

I was in the kitchen. That must mean something 

Message 1927 of 3,651
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

NFCU shall not be mentioned here anymore.

Just because they don't like YOU doesn't mean they aren't nice to everyone else...  Smiley Tongue

I'm gonna go make a thread about what a horrible bank they are because I didn't get the same results as everyone else.

NFCU be velly, velly goot too me.

Why everyone like navy so much I applyed and got deny but everyone else got good limits. Navy sucks capitol one let me change my platinim to quicksilver 1 for gud rewards. I'm cancel my card and use capitol one only.

Dang it, Brian, I'm getting tired of wearing these in here:

images (8).jpg

It's true discover is same. Discover is same way everyone got insecured at 7 months but I didnt. They are not good bank. I think they are stealing my money I put for down payment. My capitol one secured card insecure at 6 months and I didnt asking. Thats a gud bank. More banks should be like capitol one. Their the only ones gonna get my bisnis for know on.

Message 1928 of 3,651
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Like first date giddy 😝

I was in the kitchen. That must mean something 

Hmm...I wonder if the strength of your WiFi affected your approval. How far is your kitchen from your router? Who is your internet provider?

Message 1929 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m awake toooo......and after 3 weeks, I’m home! In my own bed. Normally in the winter, yes I consider this winter, I transfer to an upstairs bedroom bc it’s warmer. In case you missed it, I don’t like cold weather. Anyway......I’m sleeping in my master tonight because I’m sooooo happy to be home. 

The thrill of driving on open road was gone except I was happy to be driving home. 😂

Message 1930 of 3,651
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.