Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2018

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2018

@Anonymous wrote:

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

Welcome!! I will quite literally wave at you from my desk as I watch your plane circle for landing.

You will find the weather much less pleasant than what you're leaving, but it won't get nasty until the afternoon. You may find this link useful in getting status reports for public transportation: https://www.panynj.gov/alerts-advisories/

The cheapest way to get downtown is to take the #62 bus to Newark Penn Station and take PATH to the World Trade Center. It starts in Newark and ends at WTC so you don't have to be particularly alert to not miss your stop either way.

Cheap way to Midtown is to take that #62 to Newark Penn Station and take a NJ Transit train (NOT Amtrak) to New York Penn Station.

Pack an umbrella and something warm, and hope you have a great trip!

Your comment made me miss the days when I rode the NJ Transit train from Elizabeth to Penn Station; although on days like today I wouldn't relish standing in the cold wind on the elevated platform in Elizabeth.

My colleagues who commute from NJ always complain about the trip to NYC. Now that we're in lower Manhattan, it's an additional 20-30 minutes from Penn Station unless they switch to the PATH at Newark, which has problems of its own.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1551 of 3,651
bluntco
Valued Contributor

Codeine update
I did not cough once. But. Once I finally fell asleep at 10pm with my face numb, I was up every 2 hours, to pee... what the heck? Did I just turn 88?
Also it gave me bad vivid dreams. I even had one where a green check mark was chasing me. Thanks Taco.
Yes, i checked my chase account this morning, ...it was just a nightmare.
Not sure i'll be taking that again, plain old tussin is back on the menu.
But i will take the antibiotics. 🐴🐎
Off to work.....
Message 1552 of 3,651
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Picking this beauty up tomorrow. I basically had to forfeit all voluntary gifts for the foreseeable future but it's a decision I would do again in a heartbeat. I honestly don't know how I will be able to sleep tonight. Lol. 

Snazzy! 👍👍 So, are you going to have a traffic lawyer on speed dial?!? 😄

Traffic lawyer?  I think she will be spending the next year finding reasonable insurance.    I know where I live Benz and Porche suvs are not rare but not exactly common.  I decided to explore. The Benz cost less than what we bought but getting it insured with our limits $1MM was almost impossible. That was a complelling reason to stick with our Wrangler Sports S Jeep.    With that car you will need very high  limits. It will attract  "slip and fall victims."    Enjoy it.   

Checked the paperwork and bundling the house and his car, my car and one of his sister's car's with Allstate with umbrella insurance we were able to secure ~$700/6 months, 500k liability, and with a $500 deductible on my car. Honestly think it could have been lower but my driving record has one speeding ticket which may have slightly hurt us.

We put a $40k down payment to start off and went with a 4yr loan which we might pay off sooner rather than later depending on how the next year treats us. As for your other concern it has merit but asking around we didn't find it was an issue where we live though that is not to say it could not happen. Appreciate your concern.

That's crazy. I pay almost that much with doesn't just my Mazda and 02 ranger at 30k/15k. I have a flawless driving record doesn't the last 15 years.

Message 1553 of 3,651
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Remedios - u know you can have anything AmEx offers normal people. Seems they are trying to push MR earning cards on you. Only useful if you travel and use mainstream methods to do so. Me heap big cash back honcho. BCP, BCE.

BCE cause I have goat children but only some of my shopping is done at places Amex considers supermarkets 

I am not sure if math on BCP would make sense. 

I am there with you Remmy.  Most of my grocery spend goes to Wally World.  I will do the math at the end of the year and see if the AF makes sense, if it does I will try for a PC to the BCP otherwise my BCE will stay in my wallet. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1554 of 3,651
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@bluntco wrote:
Welp... went to Dr today. Can't shake this crud. Got another antibiotic and codeine cough syrup. Nyquil on steroids. I haven't missed a day of work, and it pisses me off when people with the sniffles call out and i'm half dead doing their work.
6 days off starting next Weds. I have to feel better for our mountain getaway.
Daughter was in hospital with pneumonia for 2 days, she's home tonite.
Zero credit news. Except Target did an auto CLI. Maybe i'll order my 50 boxes of White Fudge Oreos now.

It sounds like you need to take a little time off to let yourself get well!  Smiley Wink

I know what you mean about having to do the work for others who have called out... but that can be a double-edged sword. 

While it sucks having more work to do I also don't want to catch whatever the sick person has, so there's some value to them staying away as well.

Value in staying home if they are actually sick, no value if they stay home because of one sneeze. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1555 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bluntco wrote:
Codeine update
I did not cough once. But. Once I finally fell asleep at 10pm with my face numb, I was up every 2 hours, to pee... what the heck? Did I just turn 88?
Also it gave me bad vivid dreams. I even had one where a green check mark was chasing me. Thanks Taco.
Off to work.....

yup codeine - no beuno

Message 1556 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all just checking in and reading earlier posts.

No news to report on the garden other than a dip in scores from Oct but already a rebound.

Stay well everyone and.......

Happy Thanksgiving EveryoneHappy Thanksgiving Everyone

Message 1557 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

Welcome!! I will quite literally wave at you from my desk as I watch your plane circle for landing.

You will find the weather much less pleasant than what you're leaving, but it won't get nasty until the afternoon. You may find this link useful in getting status reports for public transportation: https://www.panynj.gov/alerts-advisories/

The cheapest way to get downtown is to take the #62 bus to Newark Penn Station and take PATH to the World Trade Center. It starts in Newark and ends at WTC so you don't have to be particularly alert to not miss your stop either way.

Cheap way to Midtown is to take that #62 to Newark Penn Station and take a NJ Transit train (NOT Amtrak) to New York Penn Station.

Pack an umbrella and something warm, and hope you have a great trip!

Your comment made me miss the days when I rode the NJ Transit train from Elizabeth to Penn Station; although on days like today I wouldn't relish standing in the cold wind on the elevated platform in Elizabeth.

My colleagues who commute from NJ always complain about the trip to NYC. Now that we're in lower Manhattan, it's an additional 20-30 minutes from Penn Station unless they switch to the PATH at Newark, which has problems of its own.

It used to take me about 90 minutes to get to Midtown.  Now I'm really spoiled...

Message 1558 of 3,651
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@bluntco wrote:
Codeine update
Off to work.....

Ur wekkum.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1559 of 3,651
Anonymous
Not applicable

I kinda sorta want a codeine taco now

is that wierd?

Message 1560 of 3,651
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.