cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2021

calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021

Good morning Gardeners,

 

Still Gardening.
Didn't sleep well, but after finally falling asleep, I feel much better.   I suppose I could go to work, but I'd rather snooze on the couch with the warm & fuzzy heating pads while watching The Wire (I hadn't seen it before, 7 episodes in).

F8 EQ: 804 | EX: 781 | TU: 782 | Accounts: 2/6 3/12 7/24 | Reporting: AZE10
Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 81 of 976
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021

Happy November All!

The month started off crappy, as I have been sick in bed.  No fun at all.  No credit news over here, just piddling by.  I did fire off my monthly email to Navy asking for a rate reduction.  The house is coming along but may be delayed because they don't have one of the windows. Smiley Mad  

I can't believe it's November.  Time to start holiday shopping; I am trying not to wait until the last minute for once in my life. 

 

What's for dinner? I need ideas.  

Starting Score, multiple cards maxed: July 2021 - EQ: 622 EX: 625 TU: 623
Sept 2021 - EQ: 682 EX: 665 TU: 677 ....new collection filed Aug 2021 (cries)

Oct 2021- EQ: 685 EX: 671 TU: 683

Oct 2021 - Current Util: NFCU cashRewards (70%) / NFCU LOC (81%)

Barclay / Disco IT/ Nordstrom / BBVA / AMEX Rose Gold NPSL / USAA Limitless / DCU / Lowe's / Cap1 QS/ NFCU goRewards

Goal Score: December 2021: TBD....
Message 82 of 976
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021


@coldfusion wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Got my Moderna booster 2 hours ago and still don't have superpowers.   These vaccines are terrible.

My bandaid has hearts all over it, though, which is kinda nice.


How are you feeling this morning?


Doggie caca.   Mild fever, achy joints, headache, but mostly an arm I can't move without significant pain.
But hey, my immune system is busy and I'll stay home today and nap it off (ibuprofen isn't killing it). 

I must have psychic timing.   Regulatory authorities popped up at work.  Good luck, coworkers, I'm off to watch youtube videos and napping.


You're the 1st person I know that got the Moderna booster.  Side effects sound similar to mine with the Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago but my arm was only sore, not really painful. 


I got my Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago, also got my flu shot at the same time.   The only side effect I had from either was that both arms were sore for a couple of days. 




FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores



Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20


Message 83 of 976
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021

DW and I have been looking for a new mattress.   After researching we thought we wanted to get a Nectar Mattress in a Box, but wanted to actually see and lay on one before pulling the trigger.   I found a place about 30 miles away that had them in their showroom, so I went there yesterday.   I did really like the feel of the mattress and got a couple of questions about it answered.  

 

The showroom's price was $100 more than the online price, so I asked if they would meet the online price.   The guy got offended, his tone of voice changed and he gave me a really dirty look.   He told me that if I had a problem with an online purchase I was on my own to resolve it.  Due to his attitude I left went home and ordered it online, saving $100 and to my suprise found that Rakatan had 3% cash back on my purchase.

 

Now for a $100 I would have bought it from him if he had told me what he could do for me if I had a problem rather then telling me I was on my own with an online purchase.   He cost himself a sale. 

 

This purchase also finished my Spend for the SUB on my IHG Premier Rewards Card. 




FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores



Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20


Message 84 of 976
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021


@calyx wrote:

Got my Moderna booster 2 hours ago and still don't have superpowers.   These vaccines are terrible.

My bandaid has hearts all over it, though, which is kinda nice.


Have you tried blinking near the tv?  I can change the channel.


2022 Goal: save 3 months' net income


Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take)
EQ8305 INQ (1 CC, 2 mort, car, CU loan)7y6m
EX8026 INQ (4 CC, 2 mort)6y8m
TU8222 INQ (2 mort)6y3m
3/242/12AoYA 1m | AoOA 22.8y< 1%
[ Last INQ 14-Oct-2021 ]
Message 85 of 976
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021


@calyx wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Got my Moderna booster 2 hours ago and still don't have superpowers.   These vaccines are terrible.

My bandaid has hearts all over it, though, which is kinda nice.


How are you feeling this morning?


Doggie caca.   Mild fever, achy joints, headache, but mostly an arm I can't move without significant pain.
But hey, my immune system is busy and I'll stay home today and nap it off (ibuprofen isn't killing it). 

I must have psychic timing.   Regulatory authorities popped up at work.  Good luck, coworkers, I'm off to watch youtube videos and napping.


You're the 1st person I know that got the Moderna booster.  Side effects sound similar to mine with the Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago but my arm was only sore, not really painful. 


Pfizer shot and Moderna booster.    I had ~16h of suck for the second Pfizer shot.  I prefer it over this, but I'll take it.


First time J&J -- no issues Day 1.  Day 2 was brain fog and muscle aches, the latter effectively addressed w/ 200mg ibuprofen.

Pfizer booster -- minimal brain fog Day 1, nuthin' Day 2.


2022 Goal: save 3 months' net income


Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take)
EQ8305 INQ (1 CC, 2 mort, car, CU loan)7y6m
EX8026 INQ (4 CC, 2 mort)6y8m
TU8222 INQ (2 mort)6y3m
3/242/12AoYA 1m | AoOA 22.8y< 1%
[ Last INQ 14-Oct-2021 ]
Message 86 of 976
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021


@ambivalent wrote:

Happy November All!

The month started off crappy, as I have been sick in bed.  No fun at all.  No credit news over here, just piddling by.  I did fire off my monthly email to Navy asking for a rate reduction.  The house is coming along but may be delayed because they don't have one of the windows. Smiley Mad  

I can't believe it's November.  Time to start holiday shopping; I am trying not to wait until the last minute for once in my life. 

 

What's for dinner? I need ideas.  


Last night I put 2/3 cup each of brown basmati rice and water in the InstantPot.

Trimmed & seasoned 2 chicken thighs (salt, pepper, smoky paprika).  Trimming excess fat is key.  Seared each side and laid on the metal insert over the rice.

Sauteed onions with about 1/2 sq. cm of finely minced habanero (from the garden), and then poured in 1 can diced tomato.  Added some basil leaves from the garden.

Once hot, poured that over the chicken & set the IP on high for 16 minutes.  When done, let decompress for 15 min.

 

I was pleased.  mrs e was delighted.


2022 Goal: save 3 months' net income


Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take)
EQ8305 INQ (1 CC, 2 mort, car, CU loan)7y6m
EX8026 INQ (4 CC, 2 mort)6y8m
TU8222 INQ (2 mort)6y3m
3/242/12AoYA 1m | AoOA 22.8y< 1%
[ Last INQ 14-Oct-2021 ]
Message 87 of 976
Adkins
Mega Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021

Lunch was brisket and sausage from BBQ Station. I got the DH a plate to go, so he can have some for dinner.

 

The oldest has her first covid-19 vaccination booked for tomorrow afternoon, after school. Her appointment time was easy to set-up and book. I suppose they've had plenty of time to perfect the process at this point. 🤷

Last HP 08-24-2021



Message 88 of 976
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021

And I transplanted that basil from the garden to a pot last night and moved it indoors, as the temperature was dropping to the 30's.

 

Quick & dirty job -- we'll see how it goes.  Sure smells good, tho'.

 

Compress_20211103_140134_4734.jpg

 


2022 Goal: save 3 months' net income


Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take)
EQ8305 INQ (1 CC, 2 mort, car, CU loan)7y6m
EX8026 INQ (4 CC, 2 mort)6y8m
TU8222 INQ (2 mort)6y3m
3/242/12AoYA 1m | AoOA 22.8y< 1%
[ Last INQ 14-Oct-2021 ]
Message 89 of 976
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2021


@Adkins wrote:

Lunch was brisket and sausage from BBQ Station. I got the DH a plate to go, so he can have some for dinner.

 

The oldest has her first covid-19 vaccination booked for tomorrow afternoon, after school. Her appointment time was easy to set-up and book. I suppose they've had plenty of time to perfect the process at this point. 🤷


For lunch, mrs e brought me home a falafel with some tahini & killer hot sauce.  ❤️
(WFH today -- unusual for me.)


2022 Goal: save 3 months' net income


Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take)
EQ8305 INQ (1 CC, 2 mort, car, CU loan)7y6m
EX8026 INQ (4 CC, 2 mort)6y8m
TU8222 INQ (2 mort)6y3m
3/242/12AoYA 1m | AoOA 22.8y< 1%
[ Last INQ 14-Oct-2021 ]
Message 90 of 976
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.