Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2022

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2022

Just got a nice BT offer on my FNBO FordPass Rewards card!  Smiley Happy

Don't currently need it, but it's good through the end of January... might end up using it.  We shall see!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 71 of 623
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I am finally back from the black hole that was the month of August, September, and October.

Not sure if I shared this but here is a story about how taking care of yourself and your health is the most important thing you can do for yourself and your family.  

At the end of July, my DW had a bad infection on the inner thigh and we agreed that going to urgent care would be the best course of action as they should drain the boil and prescribe antibiotics that will kill whatever infection is there. Well, that was at the start of August, and after taking the medication, we followed up with the urgent care office because she had a fever that kept staying between 100 degrees and 103 degrees and would break for a little while but come back. After going back there, they said the culture came back and the bacteria were resistant to the drug they prescribed but that this new one would take care of the bacteria. This was around August 10 and by August 13, nothing had changed. No improvement and I finally told her that we have to go to the ER so around 9 PM that night, we rolled up to the ER to sit and wait till around 1 AM on August 14th to be admitted. When the first ER doc came by to examine, I could tell he was concerned based on the look on his face, he was confident that they would get everything under control but being admitted to the hospital was going to happen sooner rather than later. Around 4 AM, another different doctor came in with a very worried look and I could tell whatever she saw in the CT scan and labs had her spooked. She then started rattling off a bunch of medical terminologies that I had no idea what they meant. The only thing I understood was that my DW was septic and her blood glucose level was at a level that could kill her. Pretty much, if we had waited a day or 2 longer, she would be in a coma and possibly die. Then she turns around and tells me that she is being admitted and here is the person that going to take her up to a room, I need to go home because visiting hours don't start till 7 AM (mind you this is now around 4:30 AM on Sunday). That was the beginning of 15 days in the hospital with 2 surgeries due to the bacteria infection. The infection in her leg was pretty severe and had tunneled pretty deep and surgeons were worried that it could either enter the bloodstream and spread through the body, enter the muscle, or enter the bone. The first 3-4 days she was there is pretty much a blur for both of us (her because of the drugs and me because I barely slept). She was diagnosed as a diabetic during this time and her A1C was 13.3 the night she was admitted. The surgery was significant enough that they couldn't just stitch it up but instead had her on a wound vac system that helped heal the wound from the inside. I can say that I have learned more about wound care, diabetes, and medications than I ever have in my entire life (even compared to the basics I learned in the military and when I use to hang out with the medics). 

She has thankfully been on the road to recovery since being released and has done amazing work on keeping her blood glucose levels in check. Her A1C has dropped to 6.4 based on her labs 2 weeks ago. Her surgical wounds have healed and she will have scars but I tell her every day that I would rather her have a scar than be dead or still in the hospital. 

I tell everyone to implore you, don't neglect your health because you are "too busy" or whatever reason you may have. Don't let anything be more important than your health. 

Have a great Wednesday everyone! 

On a happy note, I have a final interview later today with a company I am interested in so we will see what happens with that conversation. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 72 of 623
RobynJ
Established Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I am finally back from the black hole that was the month of August, September, and October.

Not sure if I shared this but here is a story about how taking care of yourself and your health is the most important thing you can do for yourself and your family.  

At the end of July, my DW had a bad infection on the inner thigh and we agreed that going to urgent care would be the best course of action as they should drain the boil and prescribe antibiotics that will kill whatever infection is there. Well, that was at the start of August, and after taking the medication, we followed up with the urgent care office because she had a fever that kept staying between 100 degrees and 103 degrees and would break for a little while but come back. After going back there, they said the culture came back and the bacteria were resistant to the drug they prescribed but that this new one would take care of the bacteria. This was around August 10 and by August 13, nothing had changed. No improvement and I finally told her that we have to go to the ER so around 9 PM that night, we rolled up to the ER to sit and wait till around 1 AM on August 14th to be admitted. When the first ER doc came by to examine, I could tell he was concerned based on the look on his face, he was confident that they would get everything under control but being admitted to the hospital was going to happen sooner rather than later. Around 4 AM, another different doctor came in with a very worried look and I could tell whatever she saw in the CT scan and labs had her spooked. She then started rattling off a bunch of medical terminologies that I had no idea what they meant. The only thing I understood was that my DW was septic and her blood glucose level was at a level that could kill her. Pretty much, if we had waited a day or 2 longer, she would be in a coma and possibly die. Then she turns around and tells me that she is being admitted and here is the person that going to take her up to a room, I need to go home because visiting hours don't start till 7 AM (mind you this is now around 4:30 AM on Sunday). That was the beginning of 15 days in the hospital with 2 surgeries due to the bacteria infection. The infection in her leg was pretty severe and had tunneled pretty deep and surgeons were worried that it could either enter the bloodstream and spread through the body, enter the muscle, or enter the bone. The first 3-4 days she was there is pretty much a blur for both of us (her because of the drugs and me because I barely slept). She was diagnosed as a diabetic during this time and her A1C was 13.3 the night she was admitted. The surgery was significant enough that they couldn't just stitch it up but instead had her on a wound vac system that helped heal the wound from the inside. I can say that I have learned more about wound care, diabetes, and medications than I ever have in my entire life (even compared to the basics I learned in the military and when I use to hang out with the medics). 

She has thankfully been on the road to recovery since being released and has done amazing work on keeping her blood glucose levels in check. Her A1C has dropped to 6.4 based on her labs 2 weeks ago. Her surgical wounds have healed and she will have scars but I tell her every day that I would rather her have a scar than be dead or still in the hospital. 

I tell everyone to implore you, don't neglect your health because you are "too busy" or whatever reason you may have. Don't let anything be more important than your health. 

On a happy note, I have a final interview later today with a company I am interested in so we will see what happens with that conversation. 

I went thru a similar situation myself back in 12/2021. I also had type 2 diabetes and was unaware of it. My sugar was so high when I was admitted to the meter didn't give a number it just read "High". The initial reason for going in was from a gallbladder infection that did end up in my blood which vegetated on my Aorta valve on my heart. I spent 64 days in there in total and had to wait 4 months after release to have my gallbladder removed as Covid restricted surgery's and this was considered elective. I know I didn't feel as if it was elective but oh well I guess. I gained 80-90lbs from them up to 18 days ago maxing out at 282. I have been on a keto diet now for two weeks and dropped to 262 as of today. I wish your wife well as I know the misery one goes through with this situation. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 73 of 623
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@RobynJ wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I went thru a similar situation myself back in 12/2021. I also had type 2 diabetes and was unaware of it. My sugar was so high when I was admitted to the meter didn't give a number it just read "High". The initial reason for going in was from a gallbladder infection that did end up in my blood which vegetated on my Aorta valve on my heart. I spent 64 days in there in total and had to wait 4 months after release to have my gallbladder removed as Covid restricted surgery's and this was considered elective. I know I didn't feel as if it was elective but oh well I guess. I gained 80-90lbs from them up to 18 days ago maxing out at 282. I have been on a keto diet now for two weeks and dropped to 262 as of today. I wish your wife well as I know the misery one goes through with this situation. 

It is crazy how we tend to ignore the signs from our bodies that something isn't right. I hope you continue on the path to recovery. She has lost over 50 lbs since being in the hospital and continues dropping weight. I have lost about 20 lbs myself. I tell her every day how proud I am of the progress she has made. 

I wish you better health ahead! I know you can do it. I am sure it is a wake-up call. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 74 of 623
RobynJ
Established Contributor

@1GaDawg85  Thank you very much and yes it seems we tend to forget about keeping our machine oiled properly when hit with the masses that life throws at us all while forgetting we can't habndle any of it when the motor locks up. It's a crazy metaphor I know but it's true

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 75 of 623
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

In Health news, clean bill of health from Doctor.  I go back to work on Monday.

I don't know if I should congratulate you or feel sorry for you.

I hope that these interviews pan out, I can empathise with working for a stupidvisor.  I've had a couple of moronmanagers in my past.

Com'mon ... you are the artist known as the "Cold Fusion" ...?  Smiley Surprised

True, but I've been sorely tempted to go back being the old curmudgeon.

I did get a pre-selection offer for a Santander Ultimate Cash Back card and another invite to PC my Citi DoubleCash to a Rewards+ today.   Pass on both.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 76 of 623
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Just had an absolutely wonderful interview,  I should hear back shortly.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 77 of 623
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I just accepted a new job...will be starting Monday! 

Message 78 of 623
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85

Thanks for sharing your very dangerous situation. Will be thinking about the two of you. Also, fingers crossed.

Best to you both. Will be on the side lines!
Message 79 of 623
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

In Health news, clean bill of health from Doctor.  I go back to work on Monday.

I don't know if I should congratulate you or feel sorry for you.

I hope that these interviews pan out, I can empathise with working for a stupidvisor.  I've had a couple of moronmanagers in my past.

Com'mon ... you are the artist known as the "Cold Fusion" ...?  Smiley Surprised

True, but I've been sorely tempted to go back being the old curmudgeon. Remember, I am laying claim to a "Grumpy Ole Man" ... Smiley Frustrated

I did get a pre-selection offer for a Santander Ultimate Cash Back card and another invite to PC my Citi DoubleCash to a Rewards+ today.   Pass on both.

Interesting card offers?

Message 80 of 623
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.