Re: Garden Club - October 2018

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Right now listening to Take five - Dave Brubeck quartet

Song before was Stay Fly - Three 6 Mafia

Up next...who knows

The wife hates when I shuffle my entire library because anything can come on. 

I know this feeling. Depending on who it is, if I have passengers in my car, I’ll sometimes turn off my iTunes collection. How do you explain going from Randy Travis to Mary J to Bone Thugs & Harmony to Bon Jovi to Loretta Lynn 😳

You are truly me and GF's spirit animal.

Told ya...💅🏾

Edit...I have to mention, if Coal Miners Daughter comes on......IM SINGING EVERY SONG and quoting the movie 😂

Message 1331 of 4,102
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Up next...who knows

This is what I use Pandora for otherwise Spotify for me.

See, I don’t use Pandora bc of the ads. (Yes, I’m to cheap to pay the subscription, it’s not like it’s a purse or vacation after all 😂).

Pfft, pay please. I download a modded version of Pandora that gives me that content without ads. Spotify I pay for though because of the family deal.

Message 1332 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Up next...who knows

I know this feeling. Depending on who it is, if I have passengers in my car, I’ll sometimes turn off my iTunes collection. How do you explain going from Randy Travis to Mary J to Bone Thugs & Harmony to Bon Jovi to Loretta Lynn 😳

I drive everybody crazy...especially is they are unfortunate enough to be around me when anything by Joan Jett comes on. I screetch till it hurts

I saw Joan Jett a few years ago....and she ROCKED MY DARN WORLD! 

Message 1333 of 4,102
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Up next...who knows

I don't see a problem; you go from, "Digging up Bones" to "No More Drama" to "Crossroads" to <any song from "Slippery When Wet"> to "Coal Miner's Daughter".

What's wrong with that?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1334 of 4,102
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Up next...who knows

I drive everybody crazy...especially is they are unfortunate enough to be around me when anything by Joan Jett comes on. I screetch till it hurts

"I Love Rock and Roll" is a fav! 

Message 1335 of 4,102
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I grew up on a mixture of punk rock, rap, and metal in the ‘80s. I didn’t really start broadening my horizons until I was well into adulthood. But I’m still just as likely to throw on a Kool Moe Dee record as I am a Dead Kennedys record. Yes, I said record.

Don't make me start pulling out my collection. Latest pick ups are Eric B. and Rakim's Paid in Full, Nirvana's unplugged, and the 80's Transformers sound track.

"All Apologies" unplugged is fantastically haunting, even all these years later.

It's one of those albums you have to listen to on vinyl.

Message 1336 of 4,102
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I grew up on a mixture of punk rock, rap, and metal in the ‘80s. I didn’t really start broadening my horizons until I was well into adulthood. But I’m still just as likely to throw on a Kool Moe Dee record as I am a Dead Kennedys record. Yes, I said record.

Don't make me start pulling out my collection. Latest pick ups are Eric B. and Rakim's Paid in Full, Nirvana's unplugged, and the 80's Transformers sound track.

Transformers soundtrack! 

You are back in my good graces 

Vinyl superior, mp3 inferior

PhotoGrid_1539234798132.jpg

Message 1337 of 4,102
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Up next...who knows

This is what I use Pandora for otherwise Spotify for me.

I use Pandora One and Tidal. Really happy that Tidal is allowing master quality in app now. Thanks to grandfathered unlimited data, I'm milking the fico out of it.

Message 1338 of 4,102
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I should be asleep, but instead I'm hanging out with you lot, listening to Kanye's Late Registration, and wishing I had this in front of me:

depositphotos_53844773-stock-photo-french-cheese-platter-with-wine.jpg

Is that pre-noticeably crazy Kanye? I liked his early stuff ie Golddigger, Knock You Down. 

I don’t listen to his recent music incase it’s contagious. 

Yes, 2nd record.  And also that's exactly why I steer clear of everything newer!  Although for me, "newer" is rather relative.  When it comes to hip hop, I grew up on Public Enemy, EPMD, and Eric B. & Rakim, so I still think of people like Jay-Z as "new hip hop."  And now I feel old.

In college I got hooked on Public Enemy... I still remember the lyrics to 'Can't Truss It'.   grandpa.gif  Smiley Very Happy

(I might or might not still have the CD...) 

What's a CD?

It's like a high density LaserDisk...  Smiley Very Happy

LOL!!  Great minds think alike... I was about to say it's similar to a 5.25 floppy disk without the square vinyl case (i.e. the hole punch trick won't work), and it's primarily for music.  Oh, and it's read with a beam of light.  Smiley Very Happy

grandpa.gif

I was thinking it was just like an album but doesn't require a record player to listen to and oh, it's a lot smaller.  My grandkids still call my vinyl albums "big cd's."   Too bad I tossed all the eight tracks but I did hang on to an answering machine with a mini cassette. 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 1339 of 4,102
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Up next...who knows

I saw Joan Jett a few years ago....and she ROCKED MY DARN WORLD! 

I saw her in concert a few weeks ago. And it was her 60th birthday and she rocked!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1340 of 4,102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.