Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2018

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - October 2018

@Anonymous wrote:
here. do you guys ever sleep?!

regarding the iphone discussion from september - i have everything shut off autocorrect, capital letter first etc.. every.thing-- i type what i want!!! 😂.. i came from android (why bf thought this was a good idea idk) and the fact that apple could control what i typed drove me crazy(it still drives me crazy that i cant have my apps where i want them-on android you can drag an app to the middle of the screen and leave it)

Sleep?? What's that??  smiley-laughing021.gif

At times I've been curious about Apple's "it just works" mantra, but if iOS is so locked down that even small things like where the apps are on the screen can't be changed then it's clearly not for me.

I'm not into super-customizations, but I do like some things 'tweaked'... thankfully Android still allows for that.

Message 51 of 4,102
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

regarding the iphone discussion from september - i have everything shut off autocorrect, capital letter first etc.. every.thing-- i type what i want!!! 😂.. i came from android (why bf thought this was a good idea idk) and the fact that apple could control what i typed drove me crazy(it still drives me crazy that i cant have my apps where i want them-on android you can drag an app to the middle of the screen and leave it)

The September thread is closed. Please stop bringing up the past.

Message 52 of 4,102
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sleep?? What's that??  smiley-laughing021.gif

At times I've been curious about Apple's "it just works" mantra, but if iOS is so locked down that even small things like where the apps are on the screen can't be changed then it's clearly not for me.

I'm not into super-customizations, but I do like some things 'tweaked'... thankfully Android still allows for that.

The thing with apple is they have a great ecosystem and when it works, "it just works". The problem is, in order to keep that ecosystem working smoothly, there are a lot of restrictions, and when there's a problem, it's a huge problem. Even trying to troubleshoot is a pain because a single error code is so ambiguous that it can cover a range of issues from a wrong wifi password to hardware failure.

Message 53 of 4,102
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Caught up.

Looking forward to Gold Spade on Black Friday.

It's a sign from the FICO Gods.

Message 54 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

October is a nothing month for me.  Well except for going Platinum Cowbell, but thats just sitting and waiting.

Like literally nothing happens for me credit wise this month.

Message 55 of 4,102
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Oh, look -- October!

Have a good one, campers.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 56 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mornin' peeps, happy October.

My wealthy sister visited me from CT this weekend.  We had fun.  We went out to eat so I caught a glimpse of the card she was carrying... a BoA Travel Rewards, of all things.  I'm sure it's got a limit hundreds of times mine, if it has one at all.  I'm sure she earns usable travel rewards with it too... for me it's going to take 10 years, lol.

Not much else happening here, just proceeding with life even if it's falling apart.  Continuing my garden goal of saving, up to 12% now.  I messaged Chase and had them reverse my CLI and not give me any more in the future, so all my limits will permanently stay put now.  CLIs are short lived in my world, and usually result in an equal or larger CLD shortly afterward.

Message 57 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mornin' peeps, happy October.

My wealthy sister visited me from CT this weekend.  We had fun.  We went out to eat so I caught a glimpse of the card she was carrying... a BoA Travel Rewards, of all things.  I'm sure it's got a limit hundreds of times mine, if it has one at all.

Not much else happening here, just proceeding with life even if it's falling apart.  Continuing my garden goal of saving, up to 12% now.  I messaged Chase and had them reverse my CLI and not give me any more in the future, so all my limits will permanently stay put now.  CLIs are short lived in my world, and usually result in an equal or larger CLD shortly afterward.

You really have a mature and conservative (in a good waySmiley Wink) view on credit. Mad respect. I am trying to adopt this mentality. So is DS. Smiley Wink

Message 58 of 4,102
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Was out of town for the weekend and didn't even think about looking at MF.  Can someone please summarize the last 400 or so posts from September for me.  I'm going back and reading them.

Spent the weekend in Chicago.   While I only live about 100 miles from the loop I don't go into the city much at all.   I got a great deal on a room at the Westin O'Hare.   I have decided I am more of a Comfort Inn kind of guy.   Really all I want is a bed to sleep in.    Even though the hotel had their own parking lot they wanted $29 a day to park, and they wanted $14.95 a day for WiFi.   I am way to CHEAP for that.  So I paid $13 a day to park at the CTA station a block and a half away, and  I used my Verizon data.

Spent Saturday with DD.  Had a GREAT breakfast at Yolk, then headed to the Shedd Aquarium.    It was a Saturday, and the final weekend for free days for IL residents.   So it was packed.  We went through most of the Aquarium, but eventually we just couldn't handle the crowd.   Then we headed to Navy Pier.  I can say I have seen it and done it so don't need to do it again.   The Centennial Wheel was impressive and the view from the top was great. 

The best part of the day was Dinner at The Berghoff.   I had Sauerbraten, DW had Rham Schnitzel, and DD had a Apple & Molasses glazed pork chop.  Everyone enjoyed their meal.  I have never had Sauerbraten at a resturant before, but have made my own.   I was very happy to find that mine tasted like what I got from someone who knows how to make it.   Desert was Black Forest Cake.

Sunday was the Cardinals v. Cubs at Wrigley.   This was DWs first visit to Wrigley.   I know my Cardinals were out of contention, but they could have handed the division the Brewers by beating the cubbies, but alas it was not to be.    The Cardinals really just went through the motions for the game .  That being said Any Day at the Ballpark is a Good Day. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 59 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

You really have a mature and conservative (in a good waySmiley Wink) view on credit. Mad respect. I am trying to adopt this mentality. So is DS. Smiley Wink

It's what happens when you get into your 50s.  Though in my case, it's more a way of reminding my ego where it ranks in the scheme of things, and a way to keep spending (and CC bills) in check.  That said, I was only 30 when I requested my first CLD for these reasons, and 21 years later I still have that card (though it's switched banks and product changed a few times)... my $500 limit Mastercard.

Message 60 of 4,102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.