Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2019

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - October 2019

Good Morning, Garden Darlings!

This month, I find myself in the unusual situation of making sure that I allow a card to report a non-zero balance.

Who'd have thunk?

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 2601 of 7,674
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

G'Morning! Yay

On a side note, I may have to leave garden earlier than I expected. I just got hit by a 4k property tax bill due on jan 31st. lol, Need a 15mon zero apr card with enough reward to offset fees ($80).

nvm, gonna just put on my cfu and pay off from my saving, lol, really don't want to app for new card.

If your CFU has the 3% for 1 year bonus you would come out ahead in rewards.

Otherwise, might be a good time to hit a SUB, but you'd have to leave the garden to do that.

My property tax bill is only $1500 or so but depending on what the CC fee is I may put it on my CFU for the rewards.  If I do get a CSP in the future I'll probably time it so I can use property taxes and insurance to get the SUB.

I'm hoping my Chase Amazon Visa gives the 5% for paying bills offer again next year.  Last year I used that offer and earned a lot more rewards than I do with my Amazon shopping. LOL.  I doubled up on a few bills to take advantage, including my internet, cell phone, and monthly insurance payment.

Message 2602 of 7,674
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Yeah, I've learned that it can make sense to put taxes on a card, depending on the fees.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 2603 of 7,674
Anonymous
Not applicable

@expatCanuck wrote:
Yeah, I've learned that it can make sense to put taxes on a card, depending on the fees.

Hey hey hey ... nuts on the money! Let's think food! Smiley Happy

Message 2604 of 7,674
calyx
Super Contributor

Good morning all,

First nap of the day completed.
Sunrise isn't as pretty from the IAD tarmac, but maybe that's just me.
There is no coffee here (at least within reasonable walking distance). Send help.

At least my coffee, when I get it, will probably be Timmies.
Off to nap 2.

Be well.
Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2605 of 7,674
bluntco
Valued Contributor

It's a crisp 22 degrees out, no snow snow yet, just that dusting stuff
Up early and out the door. Big meeting at Ivory Towers this morning at 8am. Let's see what else they can add to our plates!
Last week, bonus plan for 2020 rolled out, looks like potential of $12k a year if you do what's asked of you. I am always compliant and an over achieving manager. I see no issues with it. A few of the other managers that I know were grumbling about it. Unreal.
Have a great Thursday

Oh and DD2 did officially kill the rabbit. I haven't really addressed it with her because, I'm tired. Eventually we'll discuss.
Message 2606 of 7,674
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Need a recap on the last 30 pages @UncleB . Not gonna go back in read them.

Worst day at work in a long time. Was so hungry I bought a mcrib on the way home. It was horrible. Blacklisting it again.

I've never understood this dislike of the McRib... I'm not paying 3.49 for the thing but I think they're a tasty snack!

The texture and taste of the meat is horrible. AMPM has a knockoff that's much better.

Message 2607 of 7,674
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hut1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hut1 Oh but he has never stayed at the Backwoods Boarding House everything is extra. Food, Toilet items, linens, permission to use washer/dryer.     Heck we changed it over to a pay toilet $1 in quarters.   Parking is $2  day lol.   He pays or moves   

Have you ever read my rants about DS#1 in this and other part relationships and money?.   DS#1 is over 40 years old makes over$50K  year has $300 car payment his rent is $600 includes electric, water, and cable (a real deal) and can't make ends meet.  He is divorced and meets favor of the month who wants him to (and he does to point of being broke and not paying his own bills and instead )pays all for anything and everything for her.  Then he calls us for money.   He lives about 1 1/2 hours away.     Just wait your fun is about to start.   Flavor of month changes very often.   

I totally need some links.  I feel like I need to prepare for disappointment  Lol.

@Hut1 I am not versed in links but will give some hightights.  1)  I decided to take three unpaid days off last week and 3 days off the week before unpaid so I can't pay rent and need you to pay it for me.    I took the time off for no reason just decided not to go to work.    2) Flavor or the month and I together only make $100K and live together in my tiny apartment this is not enough so I need you to give me more money. 3) When I was in the hospital and home recovering I could not work   so flavor also decided to stay home and keep me company unpaid so we can't pay our bills  4) I want to buy flavor of the month agif t to her. $500 birthday present but can't because we spent to much money so can you    give me the money 5)  The kitchen is to small so Flavor and I go out to dinner every night and spend atleast $50   Red Lobster, Olive Garden and other places then we don't have enough money to eat out next week and pay rent    6) Flavor is only giving her ex husband $300/week (not alimony or child support) just because she thinks he might need it.  ( Her ex works in a UAW Auto Assembly plant and makes more then Flavor and DS #1 combined )     7) I think you'll should just give me 10% of what you make because I am the oldest child, 8) We let Flavors car get repoed so we could go to Madris Grais   can you give me the $1,000  to get it back.  Flavor has no money as she again gave her ex his $300 (see #6 above because he should get it)    8) I now have volunteered to pay for all the bills of Flavors sister, sisters husband and their daughter who make more money then me and by the way (old) flavor decided to cut her hours at work done to 24 hours a week.   9) (old) Flavor quit her job when they announced the plant was closing in 3 weeks and every one who stays til closing  was getting a $5,000 BONUS as well as 6 month medical full paid by co. then get unemployment.   Not enough  10) we decided to take  trip to FL just because we felt like it last week and can't pay our bills this week,

Yes these are all true in the last year.  Some have been use many times.   

I'm sorry... Who is this person and why are they in your life? Sounds like a perfect example of someone that needs to be cut loose!!

It's his oldest son

Message 2608 of 7,674
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

G'Morning! Yay

On a side note, I may have to leave garden earlier than I expected. I just got hit by a 4k property tax bill due on jan 31st. lol, Need a 15mon zero apr card with enough reward to offset fees ($80).

nvm, gonna just put on my cfu and pay off from my saving, lol, really don't want to app for new card.

You could get another job? With property taxes like that you, you might need it Smiley Happy

na, I will manage, both of us has full time jobs, thats more than enough for us, lol. Our business property tax is another 4.6k, will put on BBP over 4 months.

Message 2609 of 7,674
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

I went to bed last night knowing the Cardinal's would be in the NLCS, the Dodgers were up 3-1 against the Nationals in the bottom of the 7th. It was close enough at that point to now know who would be the Cardinal's opponent for the NLCS.

DD screamed from upstairs waking me up when the Nats got a Grand Slam in the top of the 10th to move ahead of the Dodgers.   As soon the game was over she woke me up again to tell me it would be a Cardinals/Nationals NLCS.

We already have a trip to the St. Louis area planned for the weekend to visit my Dad, so since it is Cardinals / Nationals that means there is a home game in St. Louis on Saturday night.

Guess who got on stubhub after being woken up last night and now has 3 tickets to NLCS Game 2.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 2610 of 7,674
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.