Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2019

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - October 2019

I think next month I may let a balance post to my amex for the first time in a year. Any ideas of how they'll react?

Message 2611 of 7,674
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SEAlifer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SEAlifer wrote:

Decided to spend the $1.10 and do the total credit check to update my three FICOs. Got a +4 on my TU, -9 on Experian and tiny +1 on the Equifax since my last check. I'm going to try and AZEO this month just to see the effect it has in the next week. I'm also interested to see the effect closing my Capital One Platinum had. Might be regretting that decision pretty soon Smiley Indifferent

Closing that card should have zero effect in the immediate term unless it changes your utilization into a higher bracket. Other than that it should continue to age for up to 10 more years before it falls off. 

Ok cool. It was just 1K so didn't add much.

Shouldn't be any difference at all then. 

I won't ever close my QS because it's 4 years older than my next oldest open card but even if I did, I've got so many cards in my wallet that the age loss would be negligible when it happens. One of the good things about credit seeking behaviors is the buffer to AAoA loss. 

I may buffer the loss when you close one, but it definatly depresses it when you open a bunch in a short time.   It's even worse when you have a low AAoA to begin with, and if you continue seeking credit then it keeps your AoYA low as well. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 2612 of 7,674
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I think next month I may let a balance post to my amex for the first time in a year. Any ideas of how they'll react?

If your record with them is solid and there's no undue spike in overall util, I wouldn't sweat it.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 2613 of 7,674
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

I have heard from Chase 3 times today. One of them was useful:

Capture.GIF

I got one of those last week from Citi for 1.99% on new purchases until June 2020.    I activated it, but don't plan on paying either 1.99% or 23.99%.   It is nice to know I have a low rate just in case, oh wait I still have 0% until June on my Amex Cash Magnet. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 2614 of 7,674
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@expatCanuck wrote:

If your record with them is solid and there's no undue spike in overall util, I wouldn't sweat it.

I cycle the limit 2-3 times a month with 50+ swipes, only paid $30 in interest ever. It's about to drop to near zero use if I don't get a CLI this month. I'm in the middle of paying all my cards off. If they can't give me an increase, I'll move my spend to other cards as I pay them off.

Message 2615 of 7,674
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

I have to reset today too... oops. Now I think I’m done. Update to sig coming soon.
Message 2616 of 7,674
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good morning everyone

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2617 of 7,674
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good morning John Boy wherever you are

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2618 of 7,674
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Morning 

Message 2619 of 7,674
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@expatCanuck wrote:

I cycle the limit 2-3 times a month with 50+ swipes, only paid $30 in interest ever. It's about to drop to near zero use if I don't get a CLI this month. I'm in the middle of paying all my cards off. If they can't give me an increase, I'll move my spend to other cards as I pay them off.

Well, there are balances, and then there are $BALANCE$.

I would say it depends.

Message 2620 of 7,674
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.