tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - September 2018

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just hit up Citi for a quick 1500 sp cli. 6 months like clock work.  I just wish I didn’t dislike the DC. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Congrats!  Simplicity card aside (and marketing fail that they didn't name it SimpliCiti), Citi has one of the best abilities to product change.  Anything else tickle your fancy?

The only other card they have that I would be interested in is the Costco. 

I just changed my Diamond Preferred to a Double Cash a few days back, and I'm hopeful the decision will end up being a wise one.  As a Diamond Preferred the account never had BT offers other than the initial offer when the account was opened, and my hope is that the PC to Double Cash will 'shake things up' and offers will eventually show up.

As for rewards, since I have the Limitless (2.5%, no redemption minimums) there's little reason to use the Double Cash other than for price protection, but since I've only used price protection once (ever) I don't see that being a big deal.

An eventual PC to a Costco Visa at some point in the future (if I ever become a Costco member) is my end-game for now.  It's a shame that Citi's offerings are so unimaginative.

Edited to add:  Congrats to @Anonymous on the CLI!  screamer.gif

I opened my DC in Feb., started recieving BT offers in June and they just keep comming. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1801 of 3,438
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@expatCanuck wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

So I'm assuming in this thread people like their bacon thin and crispy?

I like my bacon turkey.

The gold medal goes to duck bacon, though.

duck_bacon.jpg

And I'd give beef plate bacon the silver medal.

facon.jpg

Turkey certainly turns in a good bronze performance, as long as it's quality stuff.  Anyone who has only tried something like Oscar Mayer turkey bacon I wouldn't blame for thinking that it's not very good.  Imagine if P.F. Chang's was the only exposure someone had to Chinese cuisine?

Message 1802 of 3,438
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best bacon is that thick sliced hickory smoked stuff the local meat shop sells.  No prepackaged supermarket bacon for me, thats just gross.

Message 1803 of 3,438
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@bluntco wrote:
Up with the roosters...as usual no matter what time zone i'm in... waiting for the others to wake up... i'll just watch Florence while I wait for the sleepy heads.
@Anonymous... i think we are 3 miles from the zoo. I know to some it seems lame, but I am excited to see my GDD be excited.
I'm ready....tapping fingers waiting.....

It's one of the best zoos in the world. Hope you have some good walking shoes. There's also the safari park up north.

Message 1804 of 3,438
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

bacon.gif

Message 1805 of 3,438
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Coming up for some TGIF air.

CK says I've gained 4 pts on TU. Its either lower balances reporting or been a year since some HP hit. I'll take anything I can get these days.

DH is still not working. He thinks Grubhub is going to be his savior from working. I'm ready to do another round of home budget cuts. No fun activities planned for this weekend. Maybe he'll get the hint that making consistent money (aka normal paying job) does make our world go round and allows us to do fun stuff.

No news on AmEx reconsideration for BCE. I haven't had the time to follow up on it at the end of this week. BCE is still showing cancelled on my app. Sigh.....

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 1806 of 3,438
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I like my bacon turkey.

The gold medal goes to duck bacon, though.

duck_bacon.jpg

And I'd give beef plate bacon the silver medal.

facon.jpg

Turkey certainly turns in a good bronze performance, as long as it's quality stuff.  Anyone who has only tried something like Oscar Mayer turkey bacon I wouldn't blame for thinking that it's not very good.  Imagine if P.F. Chang's was the only exposure someone had to Chinese cuisine?

Excellent analogy!  Smiley Very Happy

I was watching the Food Network late one evening and they were featuring a deli in Canada that made their own beef bacon in-house; I admit it looked absolutely wonderful.  It was so popular that they even incorporated it into some of their other dishes, even a dessert or two!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1807 of 3,438
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone here ever lived out of doors by residence? I've heard many here say they lived in their car and at shelters. When I see homeless people I'm always like man, what am I going to do if faced with that situation.

I don't like hunting or fishing or any killing irl probably would have a hard time and some police hassle the homeless.

Most the ones I see are the same have medical problems, kicked out of hospital etc shameful.

I just wonder is that going to be me in the future and it freaks me out. If they beg for money I say I'll buy food or drinks and give to you but not paying for alcohol life destroying. Most tell me f off but some accept food and a sumbitchin iced tea or something and tell me how they arrived in the gutter. I used to live in a city with a lot of them and they moved the mission building with the handouts and didn't warm them in the winter. I don't live there any more but I've seen a lot of bad things and liquid assets are running low and really trying to plan and think outside the gutter but it's hard when you see them, with children and animals now entire families dirty and begging in front of stores.

That's aweful.   Did i miss part of a story?  Why would you think that will be you?  

Message 1808 of 3,438
Anonymous
Not applicable

@expatCanuck wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I like my bacon turkey.

UH OH!   there goes the good flavorful foods..  Expat is talking healthy options again..   Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Turkey bacon isnt aweful, but you have to get it from the ones that make pork bacon (oscar meyer/hormel/etc.) and not the ones that make turkey into bacon like butterball.. IMO

Message 1809 of 3,438
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.  Happy Friday!

All three paychecks arrived this morning...all three bigger than budget.  Smiley Happy

Only two stops at Job A today, but lots of driving. 

Hope that you're all off to a good start, and don't apply for anything or we'll make you eat grits...  Smiley Tongue

That means i can never app again Smiley Wink

Message 1810 of 3,438
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.