tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - September 2019

Good morning happy people

Happy Hump Day

and of course

A Day of National Rememberence

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2321 of 6,314
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
I'm almost ready for my first nap.
All I have to do is find one more dog. I got two, third one is hiding somewhere because I tried to give her Trifexis . I live in heartworm central.
She hates Trifexis and can smell it in a different country.
🤷‍♀️

I hope it was Molly, the other 2 couldn't hide quite so easily hahaha.

I tried Trifexis with my last one, what, 7-8 years ago? and it was a struggle to get him to eat it.  I just go with Hartguard Plus + a Seresto collar for fleas/ticks and Sweet Pea also gets the updated Lyme vaccine yearly.

Here is your coffee!  I used more than 3 creamers worth of half-n-half Smiley Very Happy

Sweet Pea barked at me to wake up and let her out a half hour ago so I'm running on about 4.5 hrs sleep.  It wouldn't be quite so bad if I didn't have to go to Providence today.  Smiley Frustrated

Yeah, it was Molly. She was hiding from me...in my bed  Smiley LOL

Bageberry yolo 

Breakfast-bagels-4.jpg

Message 2322 of 6,314
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
All I have to do is find one more dog. I got two, third one is hiding somewhere because I tried to give her Trifexis . I live in heartworm central.
🤷‍♀️

I tried Trifexis with my last one, what, 7-8 years ago? and it was a struggle to get him to eat it.  I just go with Hartguard Plus + a Seresto collar for fleas/ticks and Sweet Pea also gets the updated Lyme vaccine yearly.

Here is your coffee!  I used more than 3 creamers worth of half-n-half Smiley Very Happy

Sweet Pea barked at me to wake up and let her out a half hour ago so I'm running on about 4.5 hrs sleep.  It wouldn't be quite so bad if I didn't have to go to Providence today.  Smiley Frustrated

Yeah, it was Molly. She was hiding from me...in my bed  Smiley LOL

Bageberry yolo 

Breakfast-bagels-4.jpg

'feedme.gif'.gif

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2323 of 6,314
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous  those prices are for the base model.  While I don't need the $1449 512 GB model, the 64 GB is way too small, so I'll go with Goldilocks 256 GB size for $1249.  Unfortunately, no points for me but the phone and service will be free.  Smiley Wink

I'm in a similar boat;  my iPhone 7 has 256GB and while I'm not constrained for space it does have more than 128GB used.

If I wanted free service I'd have to use AT&T, which, given my need for coverage throughout northern New England isn't going to happen. 

Interesting as AT&T advertises in my area that they have the United States virtually all covered. Why would they not pay close attention to the high density areas? Where I live there are more wild animals than people and we have reasonably good service even into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (no I don't mean a Sattelite Phone).

Same here.  You either get AT&T or Verizon.   T mobile has strange coverage  some very small towns but not even downtown County Seat. 

My tin can can do better than Sprint.   

Just spent the better part of a week with no cell coverage. TMo.

About ready to dance with the deVil.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 2324 of 6,314
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

9-11-01

May we take a brief Moment of silence for all those who lost and gave their Lives in the line of Duty!

Of the 2,977 victims killed in the September 11 attacks, 412 were emergency workers in New York City who responded to the World Trade Center. This included:

See the source image

18 years ago? Wow. I remember it vividly. My stepdad woke me up that morning when the first plane hit. I was late to the start of the school year and so I didn't start until the Friday after it happened. A very sad day in American history. Thank you for sharing @M_Smart007.

Smiley Sad

I worked on the eastern end of Wall Street for Citigroup and had just talked to my co-worker (a VP who was in charge of her department) about how great it felt to get into the office early when the first plane hit. We didn't have any radios, so we got what information we could and were told to stay in place. As the dust came across town (The World Trade Center was on the west part of downtown and it's about 3/4 of a mile or so from where I worked) and filled up the vents, we were told to walk down the stairs and out to the street. We walked down 22 flights of stairs and saw people trying to get anywhere. All I could do was walk from Wall Street to Grand Central Terminal (a little less than 4 miles), stopping several times to get something to drink and eat. The suburban trains (Metro-North) were running, so I rode it to the stop closest to my home at the time in the Bronx. I walked past the local firehouse and saw trucks from nearly every northern suburb lined up on the street. I got home and was simply in shock.

My work was relocated to Stamford, CT for a few days and I remember writing to my manager that the terrorists were trying to scare us, but all they did was (tick) me off. We went back to Wall Street a few days later to see armed National Guard troops in front of the building and limited lighting. I was coughing every day after I left the office, so I got a soda, a habit I still hold to this day.

I came to find out that another co-worker's wife worked at Cantor Fitzgerald in the twin towers. She always loved coming to work early, but that day she overslept and got downtown right as the first plane hit. She would have been dead had she followed her usual routine.

The office I now work at is across the street from Ground Zero, so no one will be in today. I normally work from home four days a week, but it's difficult to go past there and think about what happened.

I apologize for the length of this post, but I felt the need to tell my story. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 2325 of 6,314
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
🤷‍♀️

The mug reminds me of a funny story. 

My father passed away and I had to go out to claim the body. My brothers arrived first and did so on my behalf. (Obviously, that's not the funny part). 

I got home at 3 AM and was going to take the week off. At about 7 AM, the landlord's wife (they lived upstairs) said to her daughter "GET UP NOW!". I don't know if she woke up, but I did and got dressed very quickly. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 2326 of 6,314
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@expatCanuck wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous  those prices are for the base model.  While I don't need the $1449 512 GB model, the 64 GB is way too small, so I'll go with Goldilocks 256 GB size for $1249.  Unfortunately, no points for me but the phone and service will be free.  Smiley Wink

I'm in a similar boat;  my iPhone 7 has 256GB and while I'm not constrained for space it does have more than 128GB used.

If I wanted free service I'd have to use AT&T, which, given my need for coverage throughout northern New England isn't going to happen. 

Interesting as AT&T advertises in my area that they have the United States virtually all covered. Why would they not pay close attention to the high density areas? Where I live there are more wild animals than people and we have reasonably good service even into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (no I don't mean a Sattelite Phone).

Same here.  You either get AT&T or Verizon.   T mobile has strange coverage  some very small towns but not even downtown County Seat. 

My tin can can do better than Sprint.   

Just spent the better part of a week with no cell coverage. TMo.

About ready to dance with the deVil.

Don't misunderstand, I am no fan of Tmo. But NOBODY covers West Virginia.

Message 2327 of 6,314
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Good morning 

I got some sleep last night, which means I have to do some real work today Smiley LOL 

In credit news, i finally have statement from USocks Bank. So happy they fixed their one and only abacus 

In life news, mandatory flu shot today. I have no clue why, but I always hurt at the site of injection for days. Not as bad as DTaP, but bad 

Also hoping they dont go all the way to the bone this time. That was kinda irritating last time. Had to get a second one because of it. 

I think I'll do my own. There are no rules against it, it just has to be witnessed. 

So, expect that whine later 

My package is finally supposed to be delivered today. Four days of travel back and forth from Seattle to Spokane. I guess package needed mini vacation. Been so long, I had to look up what I ordered 🤷

I think that's it for right now. The brain is working, but it's not at full power yet. 

Message 2328 of 6,314
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@bizarrocreditworldNo Apology needed. Wow, I get to converse with a 9-11 survivor.

Thank you for sharing your story. That was powerful to read!. I am glad you made itSmiley Happy.

Sincerely, M.Smart

Message 2329 of 6,314
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Good Morning @kilroy8 m8Smiley Happy

Have a wonderful day!

Message 2330 of 6,314
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.