Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - September 2019

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - September 2019

Sounds like everyone who has reported thus far got some shut eye. That's good news.

I hit snooze twice this AM, and still didn't want to get up. Just plain greed, I slept fine.

Usually, I hit it once at most.

Message 2331 of 6,314
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

And in food news, new McD chicken sandwich supposed to be out today.

Maybe I'll stop by for lunch.

Message 2332 of 6,314
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

Sounds like everyone who has reported thus far got some shut eye. That's good news.

I hit snooze twice this AM, and still didn't want to get up. Just plain greed, I slept fine.

Usually, I hit it once at most.

I am on about 3 hours or so of shut eye Smiley Indifferent

The only alarm clock I have  .. is My 911 Pager.

when that goes off, No choice but to get up!.

can be life or death for someone.

Message 2333 of 6,314
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

Make sure to put CHEETOS on itSmiley LOL

Message 2334 of 6,314
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

You could hide your Cash Back from me in chicken. I'd never find it. 

Message 2335 of 6,314
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Have a lot of morning stuff to take care of and lady tagging along for the ride. First stop is here because little rocks are dangerous for my car windshield apparently 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20190911-091939_Gallery.jpg

Message 2336 of 6,314
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Have a lot of morning stuff to take care of and lady tagging along for the ride. First stop is here because little rocks are dangerous for my car windshield apparently 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20190911-091939_Gallery.jpg

Yikes. The other day at softball, a guy fouled off a ball and it landed square on the back windshield of a car parallel parked there. Thing shattered instantly. It was like it was made of stunt glass. 

It's been really hard to get up the past week or so. I think there is something that has upped my allergies in the air. At least I can try and fight that with zyrtec and copious amounts of coffee. 

Message 2337 of 6,314
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

9-11-01

May we take a brief Moment of silence for all those who lost and gave their Lives in the line of Duty!

Of the 2,977 victims killed in the September 11 attacks, 412 were emergency workers in New York City who responded to the World Trade Center. This included:

See the source image

18 years ago? Wow. I remember it vividly. My stepdad woke me up that morning when the first plane hit. I was late to the start of the school year and so I didn't start until the Friday after it happened. A very sad day in American history. Thank you for sharing @M_Smart007.

Smiley Sad

I worked on the eastern end of Wall Street for Citigroup and had just talked to my co-worker (a VP who was in charge of her department) about how great it felt to get into the office early when the first plane hit. We didn't have any radios, so we got what information we could and were told to stay in place. As the dust came across town (The World Trade Center was on the west part of downtown and it's about 3/4 of a mile or so from where I worked) and filled up the vents, we were told to walk down the stairs and out to the street. We walked down 22 flights of stairs and saw people trying to get anywhere. All I could do was walk from Wall Street to Grand Central Terminal (a little less than 4 miles), stopping several times to get something to drink and eat. The suburban trains (Metro-North) were running, so I rode it to the stop closest to my home at the time in the Bronx. I walked past the local firehouse and saw trucks from nearly every northern suburb lined up on the street. I got home and was simply in shock.

My work was relocated to Stamford, CT for a few days and I remember writing to my manager that the terrorists were trying to scare us, but all they did was (tick) me off. We went back to Wall Street a few days later to see armed National Guard troops in front of the building and limited lighting. I was coughing every day after I left the office, so I got a soda, a habit I still hold to this day.

I came to find out that another co-worker's wife worked at Cantor Fitzgerald in the twin towers. She always loved coming to work early, but that day she overslept and got downtown right as the first plane hit. She would have been dead had she followed her usual routine.

The office I now work at is across the street from Ground Zero, so no one will be in today. I normally work from home four days a week, but it's difficult to go past there and think about what happened.

I apologize for the length of this post, but I felt the need to tell my story. 

Thank you for telling your story. And there was no need to apologize. I'm glad that your co-workers wife overslept that morning.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 2338 of 6,314
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Incredible story. My buddy who is a NYC Detective was a uniformed cop during 9-11 and present at ground zero. He doesn’t talk about it much other than recognizing the anniversary every year.
Message 2339 of 6,314
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

After spending the last ~2 hrs troubleshooting a problem I've been having with what on the surface looks like port flapping I suspect a possible bug in the latest firmware version on one of my home routers. I just downgraded it 2 minor revisions to a version I previously found stable, we'll see.   Bleech. 

We're having similar mornings...

After spending the last ~2 hrs troubleshooting a problem I've been having with what on the surface looks like port flapping the field tech finally replaced the FICOing fiber jumper like I asked and now the link is stable...grumble, grumble, something, grumble...

Message 2340 of 6,314
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.