tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - September 2021

@UncleB wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Potatoes aren't vegetables, they are cow companions. 

Fried okra is good but I don't consider it vegetable...more like hairy, sketchy looking pod housing mini aliens. 

Cow companions... love it!  smiley-laughing021.gif

I admit that in my short time spent in the Northeast I was a little confused by how restaurants there often fry the entire okra pod, but in that form especially it does resemble hairy mini alien pods!

(It's hard to go wrong with fried okra, but I have to say I much prefer the pods cut-up into smaller pieces before being battered and fried, as is common in my region.)

I'm still working on a way to get my good gf fried okra.    I can't seem to keep the slices from clumping together - and from what I gather from my Southerner friends, they use wheat flour to prevent that.    I want to try chickpea flour (it works for pakora), but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I will eat deep-fried almost anything, but don't consider those vegetables anymore.

For garden fresh okra, flour is definitely involved. 

I think (but don't quote me yet) the ratio most in my family use is two parts cornmeal to one part flour... I'll confim and report back when I'm there this weekend. Smiley Happy

(I sadly admit the last few years I've resorted to buying the prepackaged/frozen breaded version from the grocery store, or else I would remember the ratio.)

I appreciate the offer @UncleB !   (Fried) Okra has defeated me thusfar.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 571 of 693
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Carl's Jr (or Hardee's) sells fried okra

Message 572 of 693
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

should be sleeping, but something something redaction something. I should be able to get into bed after I walk the dog. 🙄🙄

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 573 of 693
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

But hey Griffin pictures! (As in focus as they are going to get!!)

Jungle Cat!!Jungle Cat!!

Laid back, with my mind on meowy and my meowy on my mind!Laid back, with my mind on meowy and my meowy on my mind!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 574 of 693
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

time to go find a balance transfer deal to dump this old debt so I can be debt-free in a year minus student loans. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 575 of 693
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.  Happy Friday!

@Adkins, Griffin is adorable.  Yay you!

It's payday, and while not what it should be, this check was closer to normal.  Smiley Indifferent 

No credit news.  Ever.

I'm very ready for a couple of days off!

Y'all behave!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 576 of 693
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.  Happy Friday!

@Adkins, Griffin is adorable.  Yay you!

It's payday, and while not what it should be, this check was closer to normal.  Smiley Indifferent 

No credit news.  Ever.

I'm very ready for a couple of days off!

Y'all behave!

payday is actually not today....you were lied to lol

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 577 of 693
collics
Established Contributor

*sneaks back into thread to get seedling after adding two new credit cards and hard pulls*

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 578 of 693
Flooded_Genesis
Valued Member

So, I've been looking to see if there were any new posts made about the Garden Club for previous months and I can't seem to find anything. Is this forum still available anymore or has it since died out? 

https://imgur.com/rYu2gic
Message 579 of 693
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It got moved to the Personal Finance section of the forums

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/bd-p/Retirement

Message 580 of 693
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.