Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - September 2021

tag
ZiggyMRA
Established Member

Re: Garden Club - September 2021

Hi all - new to the garden club.  Been aggressively paying down debt and "gardening" for the last two months after going through a divorce.  I'm down to zero balance on all cards but one, and that will be zero end of September.  By then, my only baddies will be one medical collections (paid and only reporting to Equifax) and (2) 30 day lates from Nov 2017 (one each on two separate cards).  I attempted GW deletion, but no luck!  I also have a lot of inquiries on TU in particular due to refinancing vehicle/personal loan etc.  

How long did it take for you to see your scores climb back up?  I'm currently ~ 675 (TU)/667 (EQ)/677 (EX) - this doesn't reflect my most recent payments that brought down my utilization from 27% to 11% and zero balance on 3 of 4 cards.  I'm hoping to see a nice bump when my accounts report later this week (fingers crossed!)

Message 61 of 693
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Awake. Once I drop the tiny humans off at their respective locations it'll be time to grocery shop. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 62 of 693
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I won't bore y'all with the details. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 63 of 693
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy John Galt day !

Message 64 of 693
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.  Happy Thursday!

No credit news.  Ever.

Happy 3:22 @Remedios !

Absolutely no plans for today.  Let's see what kind of trouble I can get into, shall we?

Hope that you're all off to a good start!

Mornings are tragedy 

I made cookies from the box at 3 am.

They were inedible (again), but better than last time, they only burned at the bottom.  

Then 2 out of 3 dogs wanted to go potty, I let them outside, they didn't want to come back in (ain't nobody listening to me). 

Then they wanted in, they were scratching patio glass door, but I  decided to make faces, flay my arms, and blow raspberries at them. 

They didn't ask me for money, so that's good. 

At 4:35 am my alarm did it's thing, I sat down for a second, woke up at 5 Smiley Surprised 

Got dressed (shirt definitely inside out), hopped in the car, drove to work, forgot security key card...keep knocking but you can't come in...

Drove back home, got 🗝️ 💳, drove back, and then...real tragedy struck...no cute little creamers. 

Now I'm sad 

Message 65 of 693
ambivalent
Established Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@ambivalent wrote:

September 1...wow this year is flying by!

Happy Hump Day to you all! How was your evening? Still piddling along, waiting on another HP from the lender. Sigh. I am starving! What are you all having for dinner? I need ideas.

Have a great app-free day!

Do you have Kroger?

capture5.GIF

I ended up ordering pizza for the kid and ate...what did I eat? I don't even remember.  DH went out last night, so it was all good.  I may grab those for tonight. Oh wait, sports for the kid tonight,  so maybe not.

Happy Friday eve!  I have been up for *checks watch* close to 4 hours working and I am ready to go back to bed. I have some coffee in the fridge from yesterday, I hope it reheats well. No credit news. Still waiting on that second pull from the mortgage lender, he seems to be taking his sweet time. 

Have a great day!!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 66 of 693
calyx
Super Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Checking in for September!  I just closed a refi; that cost me a HP back in July and will result in a new mortgage account reporting so unfortunately I am a mere seedling.  But I have no plans to really app for anything in the near future so I am definitely gardening for a while.  I am also missing my 3 dark greens, but my scores are more than fine.  FICO 8s are 809 EQ, 795 TU, and 789 EX right now.  6 inquiries on EX (2 scoreable) and none at all on EQ or TU.  Surprised to say that I have been at 3/24 for 4 months now and I am just a few months shy of 2/24.

I tried some garden-friendly reports-on-ice CLIs this week.  NFCU Flagship is finally at $80,000!  Got some "no" answers on a few others (due to being unable to pull and my favorite, "the requested amount exceeds the limit set by our credit policy"), and Amex asked me for a 4506-C.  I filled it out, so maybe there's a chance this round?  Otherwise everything has been quiet in my credit world.

Hope everyone is doing well and good luck with your gardening goals!

Hiya @K-in-Boston! Congratulations on the refi, and getting NFCU to $80K. Under 5/24, whatever shall you do?!?!? 😃

Another congrats on the refi, @K-in-Boston 

K under 5/24, will wonders never cease!  (I'm holding that haha/24 down just fine over here)

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 67 of 693
calyx
Super Contributor

Good morning all,

I came into work with a lot of meetings on my calendar and I am most displeased.   BossMan, who is usually WFH on Thursdays is here and I hate it (he likes to run down the hallways looking for help, and guess who he calls first? - it's almost NEVER for things that are actually my job, of c, so I spend additional time trying to find someone who can help, good thing I'm not already behind from my own vacay)

Still Gardening, still gardening.   It's cooled down to the 80s, so I think I'm going to clear out some of the garden (since so much died) and see what I have left to work with.

My new scheduled fun-time is cashing out all of my catback on the 1st, so my budget has extra play money.

Bear was super good about her eye drops and I signed her up for swimmie class (there's an indoor dock diving place that does intro to swim, and she cannot swim, she tries to stomp on the water which doesn't work out so well for her).

Tiny took all of her meds (of course, because they were covered in EZCheez), but is the master of keeping her eyes tight shut for her eyedrops so I was 20 minutes late to work.  

Mr. c's company has been spun off of its bigger company, and listening to him talk to the help desk was fun.   It never occurred to me that he's never used Outlook so he and his teammates are all having... issues.   I keep offering my assistance but I was told 'no' so I'll just listen to help desk calls and giggle when I can.    I have a meeting with my own ITS group, and I can't wait to share the Outlook story with them.  I hope they appreciate it after our constant howling of discontent with the recent switch over from Peoplesoft to CoreConnect (I like CC better, for sure, but it's still broken and making life difficult - current issue is that it's eating applicants on open position so people apply and managers never see them... this is becoming a problem).

Message 68 of 693
calyx
Super Contributor

Oh, proud momma moment:

The vet complimented me on how well trained my boneheads are.    I didn't have the heart to tell her that Tiny was just terrified.  Bear, however, is laser focused and I am pretty proud of her.   Her recall sucks, but I'll take what I can get.   And the vet "you have the prettiest dogs, how do you get them?"  Rescue mutts, ftw.   Like designer dogs, but without the pricetags.

Message 69 of 693
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@calyx wrote:

Rescue mutts, ftw.   Like designer dogs, but without the pricetags.

Best. Description. Ever!!! 😁

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 70 of 693
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.