Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia's Own Credit Union PLOC Approval

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Georgia's Own Credit Union PLOC Approval

I've been with Georgia's Own Credit Union for about 2.5 years.  Started with vehicle loan (FICO Avg = 676). A year later, applied for credit card, approved for $5K, then grew to $10K. Recently upgraded credit card to $25K (FICO EQ-785).

I decided to see what loan products they had, and noticed the PLOC. I called in, asked a few questions, and ask if they could use my recent EQ HP to assess my eligibility.  They said yes, if it's under 30 days, they can use the CR to check for other product eligibility.  After checking, I was instant approved for $17.5K.  I asked to go for the max, $25K.  Rep took some info, made notes and said let me talk to underwriter.  He came back and said, "we can give you the max but we'll have to offset the difference from the credit card." With an APR of 10.x%, I advised the rep to close the CC and apply the necessary difference for the $25K LOC.  DONE!  Approved! 3rd LOC (WF, NFCU, and GOCU) = $70K

They pulled EQ (currently 785), income is $262K, AAoA - 3 years, 14 Inq over two years, 16 new accts in two years, 1% Util.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.