Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got CHEX report in the mail. **Update**

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Got CHEX report in the mail. **Update**

Got my Chex in the mail, and it is completely clean except for 3 inquiries.

1). My local bank, and I knew they pulled Chex for an acct back in 02/2014.

2). DCU...to open Savings acct back in 2014.

3).  TU Decision Systems on behalf of Wells Fargo???? 02/22/2015???

#3 has me stumped. I dont bank with them,and never have, and I personally havent tried opening any accts either.  The only thing I can think of is in April I applied for a Dillards card and was denied. But that was in April!! I checked my reports to verify in the inquiry section. 

Sooo...What do I do? Can I dispute this?  Should I be worried about this?? Advice or comments appreciated, thanksSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chilli
Established Contributor

Re: Got CHEXSYSTEMS report in the mail. HELP??

I would think so. Also can you freeze this report?

Message 2 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

I dont think it matters? i ordered one of their reports a few months ago, i cant find it right now. but the first page of it said something like about anything negative and listed a 0 with it i believe. dang where is that report of mine lol.

i wouldnt worry about that though 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Chexsystems is a CRA and therefore you can request a freeze.  That won't solve the problem of anyone illicitly opening bank accounts (using your social or name) in the PAST, however.

To the OP: Personally I always try working with the creditor/bank first.  I can't promise it will solve the problem, but to me it makes sense to reach out to Wells Fargo and ask them what they think has happened on their end. 

Note that ChexSystems recomends that you do this (among other things) if you believe a bank account may have been opened in your name:

"Contact all financial institutions where you have accounts that an identity thief has taken over or that were created in your name but without your knowledge."

https://www.consumerdebit.com/consumerinfo/us/en/victimidtheft.htm

ChexSystems may be able to shed more light on the record as well.  Sometimes CRAs will accidentally link a record to your report (belonging to another person) because you and that person share a common name.  So the CS rep would need to see whether that inquiry appeared to be made with your first name and last name and social.

Regardless, the primary concern of the OP should not be removing the inquiry from his report, but rather that a bad guy might be opening accounts in his name (far more serious).

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

***UPDATE***

Ok, When I looked at my report, it was my recent 3-B report from here, and it didn't show anything from WF in "february". Since Im having issues with Myfico and it reporting weird with TU, ( for EX...Im missing all my 18 IIB negs on the 3-b report, but are certainly there on the actual TU report), I decided to look at my actual TU report.

Sure enough, I applied for a Dillard's CC on 2/22/15, and in April as well. So, I think its safe to say that WF pulls Chex for a CC, even a co branded.

Crisis adverted, and appreciate everyones input, thank you!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.