Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got into Navy thru rental need help please

tag
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Re: Got into Navy thru rental need help please

Interesting story of getting in, congrats!
Message 11 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Slow down. You just got 3 new cards

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting is best, especially since you just got some cards.

With that said, I got a 1K SL on the cash Rewards (at 14.something APR) a few weeks after I first joined Navy. My most recent CC approval was 4 months before that. Four new cards in the past 7 months (I was rebuilding from zero cards!). I had plenty of other things going against me but they still gave me my cash Rewards card. 

But again, since you just got these other new cards, it sure doesn't hurt to wait. Pay a lot of attention to your Navy account (direct deposit, yadda yadda) and give it another two months! Congrats! Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome aboard the Navy ship! 

Message 14 of 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Navy loves DD. Set up DD with Navy, even partial, if you can do it and pay out of it, transfer funds or use their checking, I'm sure you can figure out what best would work for you to have DD with them.   Keep holding off on apps for a while then when you're comfortable, apply for Chase if that's what your most desired new card is. After that, NFCU will be comfortable with your DD and will probably be asking you to get a card. But wait 6 months after Chase acct, and ask Navy for a card, and if you like, a LOC attached to checking or second card. I'm sure you'll be happy with your results. If not, wait 6 statements and ask them for a CLI, ask for max and if your scores are still high, NFCU will be fairly generous.  NFCU really wants to be your main bank, if not your only bank, they do their best to make it happen.  I know it seems like a long path, but you'll have what you were wanting and be in with the best CU you could ever join.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 16
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey all thanks in advance.
I never thought it would be possible for me to get into navy since I have no ties but it happened, long story short ended up renting out a room to a friend who has navy thru family but isn't himself military or anything. Got membership approval without HP opened checking put in 500 and saving put in 25. Did not apply for any cc, loc or loans. My question is
1. I've had a spree in August was approved for 3 out of 4. They are now only 4 months old should I wait another 2 months before applying for any of navy products or does navy not care.
2. I have set up my geico insurance to be auto deducted from checking monthly just to show activity as this is not my primary bank what else can I do to build internal score?
3. I'm also only 5 months away from not over 5/24 should I just wait and apply to chase first as I alredy have a freedom 10.5k.

My DP
Ex: 720 fico 8
Tu: 750 fico 8
Eq: 735 fico 8
Inquiries: ex: 6/6 tu: 3/6 eq: 4/6
Freedom: 1500/10.5k opened 08/12/19
Au on home depot 700/8k opened 08/10/18
Cap1 venture 1 : 0/3k opened 08/21/19
Disco cash : 500/2k opened 08/08/19
Cap1 qs1: 0/1.25k opened 05/07/18
Disco chrome: 0/600 opened 05/08/18
Self lender : 400/1000 opened 08/16/19

No baddies ever just started build may 2018
I normally have azeo but xmas and bdays.
Also any other tips on navy would be greatly appreciated I feel I have read thru over 1000 post regarding navy will continue to dig for more.
Thanks all.

FYI: GEICO Insurance gives you an NFCU discount on your policy. I thought I would let you know that as it's another good thing to be aboard the ship. I had GEICO until recently when they wanted to charge me 390/month for car insurance. Switched to Tesla Insurance for 195/month and haven't looked back. But I digress, CONGRATS! 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.