cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten a ssl to start a savings acct?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten a ssl to start a savings acct?

Do I have to have a big amount of money to start one?  Cap1 sent me something that just made me feel like a toad, like I needed way more  $ than I could croak up.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Okay, I read the links, thank you.  I am going to my regular bank and the CU this Monday to see what I'm capable of doing.  Wish me luck and thanks for letting me bend your ear.  I'm gonna get that little girl a nest egg one way or the other.  Is she not just the cutest!?! 

Edit: removed pic. for privacy reasons but wanted to share for a smidge.

Message 12 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Do I have to have a big amount of money to start one?  Cap1 sent me something that just made me feel like a toad, like I needed way more  $ than I could croak up.

I don't know about Cap 1.

DCU and BECU $5 to start.

Message 13 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Okay, I read the links, thank you.  I am going to my regular bank and the CU this Monday to see what I'm capable of doing.  Wish me luck and thanks for letting me bend your ear.  I'm gonna get that little girl a nest egg one way or the other.  Is she not just the cutest!?!  She's my world!Isabelle my lil Isaloulou.jpg

She's adorable! Good luck.

Message 14 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

You would have to croak up the funds in advance for the SSL. So that might not be a viable option.

Message 15 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

You would have to croak up the funds in advance for the SSL. So that might not be a viable option.

I would?  I thought they'd give me the money and I'd make payments.  Oh my gosh, I'm so lost.

Message 16 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

I would?  I thought they'd give me the money and I'd make payments.  Oh my gosh, I'm so lost.

Share secured loans are essentially a way for you to borrow, using your own savings as the collateral. Instead of using all your savings to make a purchase, thus losing out on all future dividends and your emergency safety net, you're borrowing against that sum while your money stays in your account.

https://www.towpathcu.com/understanding-share-secured-loans.aspx

Message 17 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Oh, okay....now it's making sense.  

Message 18 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AllZero 

Thank you for driving it homeHeart

Message 19 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Oh, okay....now it's making sense.  

High Yield Savings is the way to go. DCU is painless to join online. You will have to meet the membership requirements or donate.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.