cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. New Penfed account and I can’t pay bills.

tag
Green456
Established Contributor

Help. New Penfed account and I can’t pay bills.

I opened Penfed 1 month ago. I signed up for bill pay, when I try to pay $80 bill I get this message:
“Due to transaction limits we need to send this payment as a check.”
But by the time check gets there the bill will be past due. What do I do? Is this only limited to billpay? I have my rent set up for automatic withdraw (not bill pay) from Penfed. Will my rent payment be blocked???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

Re: Help. New Penfed account and I can’t pay bills.

Unfortunately Penfed has a 6mo restriction on new account for transfer including bill pay. $50/day and I believe it is upped to $5k/day after the 6mo. You can initiate the payment from the other side, via the account you’re trying to pay by linking the two first.
Message 2 of 4
Green456
Established Contributor

But the other account is not bank. It’s Optimum, Verizon, Gas Company, Rent, etc... Still just have the money withdrawn via 3rd party?
Message 3 of 4
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

I should be fine. I was able to do so for electricity company. Once logged in, I added new bank account and enter in penfed’s info. Some utility companies actually payment from a bank account to avoid the cc fees.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.