cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Project Loan Success!!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Member

Home Depot Project Loan Success!!

Wasn't sure where to post this so here we go....

Closed on a house on 3/35. Were doing some things to it before we move in. Including new appliances, etc. I REALLY didn't want a credit card fron Lowes or HD because it would probably have thrown my utilization into a tailspin and we worked too hard to get our score high enough for our mortgage.

That's when I discovered the HD Project Loan. Here's the details:

flat 7.9% if approved

it's an installment loan

goes 84mo

You have 6mo from the time of approval to shop and use your limit(or less), then the payments will start. I fouf this a much better option than the cards, even though I know you can get a 0% for 12-24/mo. I like what an installment loan does for my credit.

I was immediately approved for $5k ($77/mo). When I got home I called them and they increased my limit to $15k!!

Pretty awesome so I thought I would share.

They pulled Eq. I was at 712

Paul

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Home Depot Project Loan Success!!

Congratulations on closing on your new home and getting the HD project loan. Kudos for increasing the CL. 

Just a FYI. Since you already have the mortgage, another installment loan won’t increase scores. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 2 of 4
Regular Contributor

We used this to replace HVAC! I remember you from the mortgage board, so I'm commenting to RECOMMEND that if you don't use a zero-sum budget and have a hefty emergency fund, get a home warranty! We paid ~$55-60/mo for 3300 square feet and replaced 3 appliances. If we'd had it when we first bought the home, it would've covered the HVAC too Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4

What home warrenty did you buy? I am in the market for one!!

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 711
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.