Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Project Loan Success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot Project Loan Success!!

Wasn't sure where to post this so here we go....

Closed on a house on 3/35. Were doing some things to it before we move in. Including new appliances, etc. I REALLY didn't want a credit card fron Lowes or HD because it would probably have thrown my utilization into a tailspin and we worked too hard to get our score high enough for our mortgage.

That's when I discovered the HD Project Loan. Here's the details:

flat 7.9% if approved

it's an installment loan

goes 84mo

You have 6mo from the time of approval to shop and use your limit(or less), then the payments will start. I fouf this a much better option than the cards, even though I know you can get a 0% for 12-24/mo. I like what an installment loan does for my credit.

I was immediately approved for $5k ($77/mo). When I got home I called them and they increased my limit to $15k!!

Pretty awesome so I thought I would share.

They pulled Eq. I was at 712

Paul

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Home Depot Project Loan Success!!

Congratulations on closing on your new home and getting the HD project loan. Kudos for increasing the CL. 

Just a FYI. Since you already have the mortgage, another installment loan won’t increase scores. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 4
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

We used this to replace HVAC! I remember you from the mortgage board, so I'm commenting to RECOMMEND that if you don't use a zero-sum budget and have a hefty emergency fund, get a home warranty! We paid ~$55-60/mo for 3300 square feet and replaced 3 appliances. If we'd had it when we first bought the home, it would've covered the HVAC too Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What home warrenty did you buy? I am in the market for one!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.