Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping to get some advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hoping to get some advice

So it sounds like you are trying to get rid of just the negative part of the inaccuracy ($1500/mo counted against DTI) but keep the positive part of the inaccuracy (closed tradeline still showing open)?

Since you are asking, my personal take is this is not the best way to handle it. Make sure your credit report is showing 100% accurate information. Use your knowledge of FICO scoring and good decision making to build up your score.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hoping to get some advice

@Anonymous wrote:
So it sounds like you are trying to get rid of just the negative part of the inaccuracy ($1500/mo counted against DTI) but keep the positive part of the inaccuracy (closed tradeline still showing open)?

Since you are asking, my personal take is this is not the best way to handle it. Make sure your credit report is showing 100% accurate information. Use your knowledge of FICO scoring and good decision making to build up your score.

Technically you are correct, maybe it's a borderline unethical but the way I see it is I'm required to put the effort into disputing errors that are not accurate and hurting me. Why shouldn't shouldn't they be putting more effort into having accurate information on my report as well? If I can benefit slightly from this I don't see anything wrong from me not disputing positive information on my report. Legally I'm not required to dispute inaccuracies on my report so I think I'm okay with how I handled the situation.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.