Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household income for PL???

tag
Tcoward84
Established Member

Household income for PL???

Hi! I need some help/advice.....I'm looking for a PL for upcoming surgery in December. Do any PLs allow you to use household income? My husband's credit is not great (605) so, I don't want him on the loan BUT, I need to use his income. We file our taxes jointly. Which PLs will fit my needs? Thanks so much!

MY PROFILE/CREDIT SNAPSHOT:

FICO 8 Scores: EX- 728 TU- 743 EQ- 721

DTI: 21%

UTIL: 9%

Tradelines/CCs: 15

AAoA: 2 years 2 months

INQ: EQ 2 TU 3 EX 8 (last 24 mo)

TOTAL BALANCES $3280

TOTAL AVAILABLE CREDIT $38500

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
House1204
Regular Contributor

Re: Household income for PL???

@Tcoward84 wrote:

Hi! I need some help/advice.....I'm looking for a PL for upcoming surgery in December. Do any PLs allow you to use household income? My husband's credit is not great (605) so, I don't want him on the loan BUT, I need to use his income. We file our taxes jointly. Which PLs will fit my needs? Thanks so much!

TOTAL BALANCES $3280

My Wife received a Prosper loan using household income. I am not sure what her score was but i think around 680 on TU. She got a 10K loan on 89K household income. Opened in March 2022 and we paid it off in August. My wife has no income on her own.

Message 2 of 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

PenFed allows you to use household income when applying for a personal loan as well.

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

PenFed allows you to use household income when applying for a personal loan as well.

Good luck!

That's good to know, as OP had asked about CCs with high SL and long 0% periods, and I did suggest looking into a PL instead, but I wasn't sure if Penfed (which I did suggest as one bank to look into) accepted HH income for a PL. Apparently Sofi doesn't. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Tcoward84 wrote:

TOTAL BALANCES $3280

As long as you have access to it, which I'm sure you do, it's legit to include his income.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 6
Tcoward84
Established Member

So far, looks like Prosper, Penfed, and Marcus by Goldman & Sachs allow HH income. Looking into it more today.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.