cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does it Take to get Membership Approval from NFCU?

Anonymalous
Regular Contributor

Re: How Long Does it Take to get Membership Approval from NFCU?

Mine took longer, about 10 or 12 days, but I applied just after the Post Office announced they were slowing down delivery in September. One curiosity is that everything arrived backwards, with my welcome packet coming last. So don't be surpised if things are a little slower than other people in the thread experienced, or if the mailings come out of order, and yes most of it will be mailed not emailed. They can tell you if you've been accepted, if you call. You'll also have to call to have them set up an online account for you.

Message 11 of 16
Have1
New Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

Mine took longer, about 10 or 12 days, but I applied just after the Post Office announced they were slowing down delivery in September. One curiosity is that everything arrived backwards, with my welcome packet coming last. So don't be surpised if things are a little slower than other people in the thread experienced, or if the mailings come out of order, and yes most of it will be mailed not emailed. They can tell you if you've been accepted, if you call. You'll also have to call to have them set up an online account for you.

When I called in to fix the funding issue they set me up with my online account.  I haven't received anything in the mail yet.  Strangely, now that I have the membership in hand, I am not in any particular hurry.  Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 16
Have1
New Contributor

Just to round this off:  I have received all my paperwork for my checking and savings accounts, with my debit card finally arriving 12/2/21.

I applied for a car loan on 11/19/21 and will be starting a thread on that shortly.

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and encouragement.

Message 13 of 16
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Glad to hear all went well with your new membership! 

I was approved for an auto loan with Navy around 15 months ago, it was a super easy process. Hopefully your experience was the same.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
AODFCU Visa Signature 5K CL
Citi Custom Cash 6K
NFCU Cash Rewards 8K
Discover IT 2K
Cap 1 600
NFCU auto loan
Message 14 of 16
sugarcreek67
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the Navy family Smiley Happy

>>current scores 11/11/21

EQ Fico9 754
TU Fico9 750
EX Fico9 756
EX fico 8 739
EQ Fico8 745
TU Fico 8 745
Navy score 294
Message 15 of 16
Have1
New Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Glad to hear all went well with your new membership! 

I was approved for an auto loan with Navy around 15 months ago, it was a super easy process. Hopefully your experience was the same.

Here's the thread:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/NFCU-Auto-Loan-Pre-Approval-and-then-Loan-Approval/m-p/6...

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.