cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you spending your Tax Refund?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How are you spending your Tax Refund?

I am taking 500 and opening a Fundrise account.  All the rest will go into my IRA for 2019.  I have always added at the end of the year, so I want to finally get ahead of it.

Message 21 of 64
iced
Valued Contributor

It'll probably make the dont-give-the-govt-an-interest-free-loan group groan, but each of the last few years I get around $10,000-$15,000 back and just put it into savings. I don't know if it'll be bigger or smaller this year (I haven't even started on my taxes yet), but I do know whatever I do get back will just go right into the same pot as the previous years.

Message 22 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's a lot. I paid for a couple years and it just hurt to much. So I hired a tax lady, she could easily be on Hoarders: Crazy Cat Lady Edition but she magic with those numbers. Haven't paid since. 

Message 23 of 64
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

What refund? I owe for the first time in 20+ years

Message 24 of 64
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Well ...for my refund its going to the savings account . no fun here lol .  Great post op i was thinking of the same thing.

Message 25 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

With hopefully getting around 3k back. I will pay off 1 credit card that is 600, Lower a credit card to about 500 that is 0% for a few more months, 1,000 to my Roth and a few hundred to my ally savings. 4 more car payments till its paid off and I'll feel much more comfortable saving.
Message 26 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

The assumption is made someone is getting one in the first place. Smiley LOL

Here, here! 😂

Message 27 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

My estimates say i will owe less this year. Tomorrow when i sit down and do my taxes i will find out if thats right. DH and i always end up paying at tax time but, like many, I'd rather have those $$ sit in my savings rather than Uncle Sam's.
Message 28 of 64
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

A fool and his money are soon parted. The rest of us wait for tax season. 

Message 29 of 64
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

😳 @iced.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 30 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.