Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you do your budget?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you do your budget?

I write a budget each month. I regularly check it and our accounts to make sure the autopay bills got paid and I don't forget any manual payments. I use autopay wherever possible but always verify.

I use to be very good at reconciling with Mint regularly but have gotten inconsistent.
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess me and iced are the only two on here that just use the reverse budget (i.e. pay yourself first) method.  I never make a long written out budget with every single thing down to buying a pack of gum.  I just find that way to tedious and not practical for a personal budget.  Instead I automatically deduct a percentage of my pay and put that into investments, savings and putting extra to the principal of mortgage to pay it off years early.  I leave behind enough to pay the bills and have a little wiggle room for unexpected expenses or if I want to spend money on something I rarely do like going to see a movie. My savings rate is over 30% getting closer to 40% now so if you all are wondering if this "non budget" method works the answer is yes it does.  

Message 22 of 23
sccredit
Valued Contributor

We use a google spreadsheet and go over it about once a week.  

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.