cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How have I been avoiding the Bank of America $3 ACH transfer fee?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How have I been avoiding the Bank of America $3 ACH transfer fee?

I recently joined Vystar Credit Union and from my Vystar online banking account, have transferred money on three occasions from my Bank of America checking account.  There has been no fee charged to either my Vystar or my Bank of America account.  Bank of America states on their list of fees that they charge $3 for ACH transfers to outside accounts (and they have charged me $3 in the past for sending an ACH transfer to my USAA checking account when I initiated it from BOA).  

So how have I been escaping the $3 charge?  Does BOA not charge when the ACH transfer is initiated outside of BOA?

Also I notice that on my BOA statement it lists the transfers to Vystar as "etransfers" (not ACH).  Or is that the same thing?  If anyone could clear this up, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Re: How have I been avoiding the Bank of America $3 ACH transfer fee?

BOA only charges the fee if the transfer is initiated on their side (ACH push). It sounds like you initiated it on the CU side (ACH pull), hence no fee.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.