cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deposit $$ into Navy Federal Savings without having to call?

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: How to deposit $$ into Navy Federal Savings without having to call?

You could always just walk into a branch and make a deposit....  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade If that was an option, I certainly would. There are no branches around me (nearest is 2.5 hours away). That's a heck of a long roadtrip to deposit money lol Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 39
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well that's a PITA... I guess I will just only deposit when I have the full daily limit of $250 at a time then... that bites lol Smiley Happy

The ways to make a deposit into an NFCU deposit account online are (a) push a transfer from another account or (b) check deposit with a mobile app.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

I was able to deposit some money from another online savings account into NFCU.

Basically, I had to setup NFCU as the external account on my existing online savings account and send $ from it to NFCU.

Works like a charm, but it seems like NFCU doesn't want to let money leave them as easily!  Smiley Happy

Note what Duke says above.  This is also what SouthJ is refering to when he refers to "pushing" money from another account.

Question for Duke and SouthJ:

Suppose you have another bank besides Navy, which I'll call bank X.  You add your Navy account to Bank X (as per Duke and SouthJ's advice).  It's clear from what they say that you can then push funds from Bank X to Navy.  But can you also use Bank X to pull funds from Navy?

I have a Discover checking and savings and also a checking with my local brick-and-mortar CU (not Navy).  I added my local CU as an external account to Discover a couple years ago and I have both pushed and pulled money using Discover.  (I.e. I have used Discover to pull money from my local CU.)

Message 14 of 39
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

I was able to deposit some money from another online savings account into NFCU.

Basically, I had to setup NFCU as the external account on my existing online savings account and send $ from it to NFCU.

Works like a charm, but it seems like NFCU doesn't want to let money leave them as easily!  Smiley Happy

Suppose you have another bank besides Navy, which I'll call bank X.  You add your Navy account to Bank X (as per Duke and SouthJ's advice).  It's clear from what they say that you can then push funds from Bank X to Navy.  But can you also use Bank X to pull funds from Navy?

I suppose it depends on the particular bank and how they work.  The online bank that I setup to push $ to NFCU also allows me to pull from NFCU (through the online bank's website).

Message 15 of 39
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

@thornback

Great call with Zelle. Just set it up and worked like a champ!
Message 16 of 39
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Well that's a PITA... I guess I will just only deposit when I have the full daily limit of $250 at a time then... that bites lol Smiley Happy

The ways to make a deposit into an NFCU deposit account online are (a) push a transfer from another account or (b) check deposit with a mobile app.

That's an awesome idea...  I didn't think of that.  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 39
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@tcbofade If that was an option, I certainly would. There are no branches around me (nearest is 2.5 hours away). That's a heck of a long roadtrip to deposit money lol Smiley Happy

Ah.  I'm spoiled.  I've got a branch 12 miles north of me.  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

In reference to the check deposit....would I just write myself a check and then take a picture?
Message 19 of 39
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Kathyups, 

What I do is I use the ACH feature from my other credit union to transfer money into my NFCU checking. It took anyway from 2 to 3 days to appear in NFCU checking account. I would use the bulk of it to pay my credit card and then the rest would be split between my savings and CD accounts. 

You can also try using the mobile app to deposit funds into your savings account.

Hope this helps. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.