cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract money from temporary prepaid virtual cards?

IcyCool7227
Established Member

How to extract money from temporary prepaid virtual cards?

I have two prepaid virtual cards that I earned from focus groups. The amounts left are 40 cents and $2.01. The problem is the only retailer that I found that does split payments is Crate And Barrel but I don't need anything from them. I could buy an Amazon gift card code for myself for the $2.01 amount but not for the 40 cent one as the min. is $1. What is the best solution for the 40 cents? There isn't anything I can think of for sale at exactly 40 cents that I would want. Isn't there a service to extract the money from the prepaid virtual cards?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Hasselfree
Valued Contributor

Re: How to extract money from temporary prepaid virtual cards?

Just about any grocery store or retail store accepts multiple payments.  Walmart, Target, etc...

"Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash".
Message 2 of 3
SteelerNYC
Valued Contributor

Re: How to extract money from temporary prepaid virtual cards?

I tend to add all of my random gift card balances to accounts I have like EZpass, Starbucks, iTunes, Transit, etc.

Ch 7 Discharge May 2015
Discover/Target/NFCU CLOC/NFCU More Rewards Amex/NFCU Platinum/PenFed Power Cash Rewards/PenFed Pathfinder Visa/Citi Costco Visa/CapitalOne SavorOne/Apple Card - $139,100 total revolving, 21% utilization
3.25% mortgage July 2020, $20k used Auto Loan October 2020, $20k PenFed Personal Loan Dec 2020
687/683/673 EX/EQ/TU w/ 5/6/6 INQs as of Jan 2021
Spending 2021 in the Garden
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.