Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am torn. Help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am torn. Help?

I'm going to preface this by saying only you know all factors involved regarding what's best for you and your family. But my 2c is that if you're only bringing in $600 to $800 more per month, it's not worth the almost 2 hours per workday you'd be spending commuting versus your current five minute commute. Also not sure if you accounted for substantially increased spend on gas with this longer drive in that figure. However career wise working at the correctional facility definitely sounds like it has more room to "climb the ladder" than the furniture store. You ultimately have to decide what you think is the right choice. I wish you and your family luck navigating this situation!

Message 11 of 12
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: I am torn. Help?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to preface this by saying only you know all factors involved regarding what's best for you and your family. But my 2c is that if you're only bringing in $600 to $800 more per month, it's not worth the almost 2 hours per workday you'd be spending commuting versus your current five minute commute. Also not sure if you accounted for substantially increased spend on gas with this longer drive in that figure. However career wise working at the correctional facility definitely sounds like it has more room to "climb the ladder" than the furniture store. You ultimately have to decide what you think is the right choice. I wish you and your family luck navigating this situation!

Not just gas, but all of the other things that come with putting lots of miles on the car. Tires, oil changes, regular maintenance, depreciation, and repairs.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.