Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had to write a check! Shame on me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to write a check! Shame on me!

I went to a concert this past weekend, and there was a $10 parking fee. I had never been to the venue before, so I didn't find out that they didn't accept credit cards until I was already in a line of cars. I never carry cash, so I guess I was lucky that I had my checkbook in the car with me.

I'm still embarassed that I had to hold up everybody behind me to write that check. I'm sorry if anybody on here got stuck behind me on the way to Red White and Boom in Kansas City on Saturday...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: I had to write a check! Shame on me!

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to a concert this past weekend, and there was a $10 parking fee. I had never been to the venue before, so I didn't find out that they didn't accept credit cards until I was already in a line of cars. I never carry cash, so I guess I was lucky that I had my checkbook in the car with me.

I'm still embarassed that I had to hold up everybody behind me to write that check. I'm sorry if anybody on here got stuck behind me on the way to Red White and Boom in Kansas City on Saturday...

What's a check...lol?

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check? What do you mean?

Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check??? Hum, I remember those....

In my wallet: Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12,500. Total Credit: 61,800.
6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh good gosh... lol

I would have been haggling with the parking guy for him to either A. Use my square reader or B. Let me send him money from Amex Serve

This post would have been hilarious if all you had were balance transfer checks. Which is what I thought you meant seeing as how its in Credit Cards .

Lol my banks would be getting all sorts of excited seeing one of those BT checks FINALLY come in, but be so sad to see it was only for $10! Maybe I should start using those checks for dumb stuff so they LEAVE ME A LONE!

Message 5 of 10
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That was you?!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think anywhere other than grocery stores and stores like Target and Walmart still took them. Weird.

For what it's worth checks are still kinda needed if you have to split expenses like rent. Though I guess that's changing now with things like Venmo.

Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Haha, well the first time I had a home inspection done I did it via check.

Second time with same inspector, was mentioned I could use a CC, why yes, here's my 2% spender thank you!  Should've asked before silly rabbit checks are for, well, not much anymore Smiley Happy.

        
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the concert venues in so cal take credit cards now. even parking structures at malls that you have to pay for do. its a little crazy. 

Message 9 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

All the concert venues in so cal take credit cards now. even parking structures at malls that you have to pay for do. its a little crazy. 

Parking structures outside of major malls and a couple non-chain restaurants are the biggest offenders for me for cash, but if I could optimize out my once a month check I will; so hoping I can pay my impending mortgage in some electronic manner... though there's a purely awesome sandwich place between new condo and a place I referee a non-trivial number of soccer games at that only takes cash which I am somewhat at a loss of how to solve short of asking for a debit card (after I cut them up previously) but it's rare for me to see anyone pay with a check anymore around Los Angeles area at least.

        
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.