cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have opened 10 bank accounts in search of my best option...

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

I have opened 10 bank accounts in search of my best option...

I opened a simple bank account, bank of america, Ally bank, discover cashback checking and savings, sapital one 360 checking and savings, chase bank (just for the $200), and NASA Federal Credit Union.

Discover checking was soooo close to being my number one priority except for the fact that I cant set automatic recurring transfers from my discover checking to savings.

Ally bank is ok but nothing special...Bank of america I am just trying to get out of them. My last two options are capital one 360 and NASA Federal Credit Union.  I saw the demo on the NASA bank and it shows that I should be able to start automatic recurring transfers within my nasa bank acocunts.

This is so stressful. If you plan to open any of th ebaove acocunts let me know and I can help you decide so that you dont have to open so many accounts to find the right option. 

Oh and Discover checking takes 48 hours to respond to most emails, no live chat support.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
selena
Contributor

Re: I have opened 10 bank accounts in search of my best option...

Im really curious about Simple Bank. How does it work as far as them posting transactions? Are they instant? I bank with Citi and they arent bad but there was a time I made two payments on a bill within a hour midday and the second payment still didn't process till 3 days later also they are raising account fees and while mine is free for the time being because of my job in a few months it wont be.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 2 of 15
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@selena wrote:

Im really curious about Simple Bank. How does it work as far as them posting transactions? Are they instant? I bank with Citi and they arent bad but there was a time I made two payments on a bill within a hour midday and the second payment still didn't process till 3 days later also they are raising account fees and while mine is free for the time being because of my job in a few months it wont be.

Simple bank is ok just so many features missing.  Its like they put most of the effor in saving goals and the saving system. 

It really is ok but has no recurring transfer options which kills it for me.  Transfer from simple to bank of america was 48 hours total.  This is being able to use the fund at the other bank.

Message 3 of 15
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I have tried multiple banks as well and find that Capital One 360 and. Ally are the best 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 15
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

DCU checking seems to work just fine. Ally savings has been great.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm ... I did not know you could not have auto-transfers from my Discover Checking to Discover Savings. It was on my mind to do this so I just tried. As you said, no go. Wonder why?
Message 6 of 15
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@ArmyVietVet wrote:
Hmm ... I did not know you could not have auto-transfers from my Discover Checking to Discover Savings. It was on my mind to do this so I just tried. As you said, no go. Wonder why?

Yes this is ridiculous and thay advertise the set and go savings all over the site. Having to manually set auto transfers within your account is not automatic.

I am dissapointed.

At this point the top banks are Capital One 360 Checking and ALLY bank. Ally bank because they are soo fast with check deposits and transfers.  Capital One 360 has so many savings options and goal option. You can also open many savings accounts and have access to them immedeately. I name them (Audi Down Payment), (Vacation), Emergency Fund), etc...

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried US Bank? They give you 75 bucks to join and have a S.T.A.R.T program where you sign up for automatic transfers from checking to savings and once you hit 1k they send you a 50 gift card for free! The next year you can do that again and receive another 50 gift card for free. Monthly maintenance fees are waived if you have direct deposit OR minmium balance of 1500 OR a credit product with them OR have been in the military OR are over 65. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried US Bank? They give you 75 bucks to join and have a S.T.A.R.T program where you sign up for automatic transfers from checking to savings and once you hit 1k they send you a 50 gift card for free! The next year you can do that again and receive another 50 gift card for free. Monthly maintenance fees are waived if you have direct deposit OR minmium balance of 1500 OR a credit product with them OR have been in the military OR are over 65. 

Hmm... you are an excellent representative. Exactly what I did.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm... you are an excellent representative. Exactly what I did.

lol thanks! im actually a branch manager Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.