cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm tired of Chase bs

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs

I am not sure what happened to those with frozen accounts, but it is definitely not the norm.  Something raised a red flag with the bank based on information provided or specific transactions made.  I would go to the branch, ask to speak to a manager, not a regular employee.

Message 11 of 18
Established Contributor

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs


@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

@crys12065 wrote:

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

I opened a checking account with Chase last week and have had nothing but issues.  I have been to the branch 4 different times with two forms of ID as requested. Only for me to wake tomorrow and have to go through the same thing again because of a fraud alert (I don't even have a card yet)

 

Has anyone had a similar experience with chase?


Yup going through that now.  Worst experience with a bank I have ever had and closing my account asap.  I am so aggrevated that they can keep the sign up bonus I received.  The froze my account today before my payroll direct deposit went through so it's in limbo and I have no access to the money in there while they unfreeze my accounts which could take 1-2 business days and it's Friday sooo... Mind you I received a letter a week ago saying they needed more info and to go into a bank or there would be a freeze put on my account.  So I promptly went in, spoke to a banker gave him all ID's requested, he made a call, asked some questions and said i was all set.   And now we are here and I spent an hour tonight in the bank trying to get this worked out.  I never recieved a call, text, email or letter saying they still needed to verify anything either, they just locked me out of my account and that leaded to Alliant locking me out of their account because I was trying to link the 2 accounts, so now I have 2 bank accounts I don't have access too because of Chase.  

As soon as I have access to my money bye bye Chase,  this is ridiculous.  

 

I hope you get it resolved on your end soon.


Wow! This started happening to me two days after linking my Fidelity and Marcus accounts. I guess linking accounts trigger some bull**bleep** ass fraud alert. I didn't know there was anything wrong with my account until the branch called and said he recieved an email from headquarters requesting additional verification.


You may be on to something.  I linked several account too because I transfer money between my other banks all the time.  I’m not dealing with this though, I will not bank with them now that they have a hold on my paycheck for something I already did with them a week ago when I was asked.  If I actually needed my money now I would be SOL, what if I had kids to feed or had bills that were being paid out of the account and now there’s no money. Thankfully I left most of my money in my main checking account where it will stay.   I have had a lot of banks through the years and they are the worst I’ve ever dealt with including Wells Fargo! 




In the garden until 2020
Message 12 of 18
Established Contributor

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs


@adamj023 wrote:

I am not sure what happened to those with frozen accounts, but it is definitely not the norm.  Something raised a red flag with the bank based on information provided or specific transactions made.  I would go to the branch, ask to speak to a manager, not a regular employee.


I paid my Amex CC bill through them and had 1 direct deposit go through and linked my other bank accounts.  Not sure how that tripped a fraud alert.  Especially since I already went into the branch a week ago when they sent me a letter needing more info.  I am not opposed to tight security with banks, what I am upset about is they dropped the ball somewhere and have no sense of urgency to fix it.  If I needed my money right now you bet I would be at the bank again but after spending a total of 2 hours there dealing with this the only time I am going back in is to close my account. 

I am happy you have had a good experience with them but I now have a bad taste in my mouth and will be moving on. 




In the garden until 2020
Message 13 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs

The direct depositor could have been flagged depending on the source or there were account issues such as name changes, business names, joint accounts, or address changes or whatnot, something that anyone looking at here would not be privy to.  I know they do a soft credit pull, and I believe they check the paychex report I think it is.  Most people wouldn’t have frozen accounts or be flagged for an additional id screening.  Based on information here, no one could say what is going on except the bank but I would run a credit report and perhaps a paychex report because there could be some incorrect information in there or something else causing an issue for the bank. 

Message 14 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs


@adamj023 wrote:

The direct depositor could have been flagged depending on the source or there were account issues such as name changes, business names, joint accounts, or address changes or whatnot, something that anyone looking at here would not be privy to.  I know they do a soft credit pull, and I believe they check the paychex report I think it is.  Most people wouldn’t have frozen accounts or be flagged for an additional id screening.  Based on information here, no one could say what is going on except the bank but I would run a credit report and perhaps a paychex report because there could be some incorrect information in there or something else causing an issue for the bank. 


I spent 3 hours at the branch this morning getting the fraud department to lift an account restriction. I was told the fraud alert was from my debit card, but I don't have my debit card yet, so I guess someone stole my card and tried to use it, so chase restricted my account and was 24hrs away from closing it.  It's fixed now, but will see what happens in the coming days.  

Message 15 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs


@crys12065 wrote:

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

@crys12065 wrote:

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

I opened a checking account with Chase last week and have had nothing but issues.  I have been to the branch 4 different times with two forms of ID as requested. Only for me to wake tomorrow and have to go through the same thing again because of a fraud alert (I don't even have a card yet)

 

Has anyone had a similar experience with chase?


Yup going through that now.  Worst experience with a bank I have ever had and closing my account asap.  I am so aggrevated that they can keep the sign up bonus I received.  The froze my account today before my payroll direct deposit went through so it's in limbo and I have no access to the money in there while they unfreeze my accounts which could take 1-2 business days and it's Friday sooo... Mind you I received a letter a week ago saying they needed more info and to go into a bank or there would be a freeze put on my account.  So I promptly went in, spoke to a banker gave him all ID's requested, he made a call, asked some questions and said i was all set.   And now we are here and I spent an hour tonight in the bank trying to get this worked out.  I never recieved a call, text, email or letter saying they still needed to verify anything either, they just locked me out of my account and that leaded to Alliant locking me out of their account because I was trying to link the 2 accounts, so now I have 2 bank accounts I don't have access too because of Chase.  

As soon as I have access to my money bye bye Chase,  this is ridiculous.  

 

I hope you get it resolved on your end soon.


Wow! This started happening to me two days after linking my Fidelity and Marcus accounts. I guess linking accounts trigger some bull**bleep** ass fraud alert. I didn't know there was anything wrong with my account until the branch called and said he recieved an email from headquarters requesting additional verification.


You may be on to something.  I linked several account too because I transfer money between my other banks all the time.  I’m not dealing with this though, I will not bank with them now that they have a hold on my paycheck for something I already did with them a week ago when I was asked.  If I actually needed my money now I would be SOL, what if I had kids to feed or had bills that were being paid out of the account and now there’s no money. Thankfully I left most of my money in my main checking account where it will stay.   I have had a lot of banks through the years and they are the worst I’ve ever dealt with including Wells Fargo! 


I got it fixed, but if **bleep**s up again, closing my account. Unfortunately, I'm with Wells Fargo right now, but also have an account with Fidelity which I really like.

Message 16 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs


@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

I got it fixed, but if **bleep**s up again, closing my account. Unfortunately, I'm with Wells Fargo right now, but also have an account with Fidelity which I really like.


What an incredible amount of crap you've had to deal with here. I was just on the phone with them earlier today complaining about a credit card payment not being accurately reflected in my available credit, but your situation is far worse. What a mess. You'd think that doing all of the work in the branch would make it easier, not harder.  I ended up opening an account with both Chase and Wells Fargo for the SUBs and both have irritated me in different ways this month.  Never thought I'd say this, but glad to have PNC as my main bank.

 

Btw, if your username is referencing what I think it is, that song's fire.

Scores as of 8/5/2019



Planning to garden until February 2020 (started Jul 25 2019)
Message 17 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs


@difringe wrote:

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

I got it fixed, but if **bleep**s up again, closing my account. Unfortunately, I'm with Wells Fargo right now, but also have an account with Fidelity which I really like.


What an incredible amount of crap you've had to deal with here. I was just on the phone with them earlier today complaining about a credit card payment not being accurately reflected in my available credit, but your situation is far worse. What a mess. You'd think that doing all of the work in the branch would make it easier, not harder.  I ended up opening an account with both Chase and Wells Fargo for the SUBs and both have irritated me in different ways this month.  Never thought I'd say this, but glad to have PNC as my main bank.

 

Btw, if your username is referencing what I think it is, that song's fire.


PNC isn't a bad bank. I was going to open an account with them, but decided to go to Chase because all my friends been with them for 10 plus years and never had issue. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.