Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm tired of Chase bs

tag
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

I'm tired of Chase bs

I opened a checking account with Chase last week and have had nothing but issues.  I have been to the branch 4 different times with two forms of ID as requested. Only for me to wake tomorrow and have to go through the same thing again because of a fraud alert (I don't even have a card yet)

Has anyone had a similar experience with chase?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm tired of Chase bs

Chase online account openings are the best I have seen.  Even instant funding via another bank debit card.  If you do it manually in the branch or with a telephone I could see issues if you have the wrong representatives as computers and artificial intelligence are a lot brigher than front line bank personnel.  I suggest in those cases, you call up asking for a supervisor or head to a bank branch and speak to a manager.  I am not sure your specific issue but it sounds like something did indeed generate a fraud alert and they can’t activate the accounts until it is cleared up as it keeps reoccuring

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. Chase new accounts are the best I have seen as well.

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase online account openings are the best I have seen.  Even instant funding via another bank debit card.  If you do it manually in the branch or with a telephone I could see issues if you have the wrong representatives as computers and artificial intelligence are a lot brigher than front line bank personnel.  I suggest in those cases, you call up asking for a supervisor or head to a bank branch and speak to a manager.  I am not sure your specific issue but it sounds like something did indeed generate a fraud alert and they can’t activate the accounts until it is cleared up as it keeps reoccuring

Message 3 of 18
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

I opened a checking account with Chase last week and have had nothing but issues.  I have been to the branch 4 different times with two forms of ID as requested. Only for me to wake tomorrow and have to go through the same thing again because of a fraud alert (I don't even have a card yet)

BoA for me. No fraud alert but, in the first month of restarting a relationshiop with BoA (edited to add restart 8/2018) I have been called by them more times than all my banks put together. Some reps were saying welcome back, I see you have been with us since 1991. I'm like keep calling me and I'll leave again. Ha Ha

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 4 of 18
crys12065
Established Contributor

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

Yup going through that now.  Worst experience with a bank I have ever had and closing my account asap.  I am so aggrevated that they can keep the sign up bonus I received.  The froze my account today before my payroll direct deposit went through so it's in limbo and I have no access to the money in there while they unfreeze my accounts which could take 1-2 business days and it's Friday sooo... Mind you I received a letter a week ago saying they needed more info and to go into a bank or there would be a freeze put on my account.  So I promptly went in, spoke to a banker gave him all ID's requested, he made a call, asked some questions and said i was all set.   And now we are here and I spent an hour tonight in the bank trying to get this worked out.  I never recieved a call, text, email or letter saying they still needed to verify anything either, they just locked me out of my account and that leaded to Alliant locking me out of their account because I was trying to link the 2 accounts, so now I have 2 bank accounts I don't have access too because of Chase.  

As soon as I have access to my money bye bye Chase,  this is ridiculous.  

I hope you get it resolved on your end soon.

In the garden until 2020
Message 5 of 18
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Let me throw some fuel on the fire.    Smiley Very Happy

A long time ago I had problems with Chase  Smiley Mad and closed my accounts with them.

Same for BofA.

Don't need either one.   Smiley Indifferent

Happy with my credit union for a long time now.    Heart

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt Chase would freeze accounts unless there was some suspect information that was provided.  With online account openings, they verify information and all documents are submitted digitally including a soft credit pull so no need to provide additional ID Information.  Most people shouldn’t have an issue with frozen accounts.  

Message 7 of 18
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt Chase would freeze accounts unless there was some suspect information that was provided.  With online account openings, they verify information and all documents are submitted digitally including a soft credit pull so no need to provide additional ID Information.  Most people shouldn’t have an issue with frozen accounts.  

Suspect information? I opened the account in the branch and everything was fine. He uploaded my ID.

Message 8 of 18
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

Let me throw some fuel on the fire.    Smiley Very Happy

A long time ago I had problems with Chase  Smiley Mad and closed my accounts with them.

Same for BofA.

Don't need either one.   Smiley Indifferent

Happy with my credit union for a long time now.    Heart

If I get another call from them requesting me to come to branch, I'm definitely leaving.

Message 9 of 18
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@crys12065 wrote:

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

Yup going through that now.  Worst experience with a bank I have ever had and closing my account asap.  I am so aggrevated that they can keep the sign up bonus I received.  The froze my account today before my payroll direct deposit went through so it's in limbo and I have no access to the money in there while they unfreeze my accounts which could take 1-2 business days and it's Friday sooo... Mind you I received a letter a week ago saying they needed more info and to go into a bank or there would be a freeze put on my account.  So I promptly went in, spoke to a banker gave him all ID's requested, he made a call, asked some questions and said i was all set.   And now we are here and I spent an hour tonight in the bank trying to get this worked out.  I never recieved a call, text, email or letter saying they still needed to verify anything either, they just locked me out of my account and that leaded to Alliant locking me out of their account because I was trying to link the 2 accounts, so now I have 2 bank accounts I don't have access too because of Chase.  

As soon as I have access to my money bye bye Chase,  this is ridiculous.  

I hope you get it resolved on your end soon.

Wow! This started happening to me two days after linking my Fidelity and Marcus accounts. I guess linking accounts trigger some bull**bleep** ass fraud alert. I didn't know there was anything wrong with my account until the branch called and said he recieved an email from headquarters requesting additional verification.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.