cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I might start working for VA. Will that qualify me for the Navy?

tag
Green456
Established Contributor

I might start working for VA. Will that qualify me for the Navy?

No I am not joining the navy but in the near future I may start working for the VA. Will that qualify me for NFCU?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: I might start working for VA. Will that qualify me for the Navy?

I would guess no.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont believe so.

Message 3 of 8
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

No.  There has to be a military affiliation (I am retired from this agency)--I actually asked this question (in a NFCU branch).  BTW, good luck should you go with the VA (you'll need it!).  

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 4 of 8
Green456
Established Contributor

@CAS2019 wrote:

No.  There has to be a military affiliation (I am retired from this agency)--I actually asked this question (in a NFCU branch).  BTW, good luck should you go with the VA (you'll need it!).  

I decided I would rather answer to the government overlord than corporate one. At lest the first one offers me a pension and 2.5 months of vaccation/sick per year. 

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Green456 wrote:

@CAS2019 wrote:

I decided I would rather answer to the government overlord than corporate one. At lest the first one offers me a pension and 2.5 months of vaccation/sick per year. 

Holy crap 2 months vacation/ sick? Yup, thats our gvtSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Green456
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@CAS2019 wrote:

Holy crap 2 months vacation/ sick? Yup, thats our gvtSmiley Wink

2.5 months. You got 8 weeks, then all federal holidays and 13 sick days add up to 2.5 months. There is nothing wrong with that. In Europe 2 months vaccation is standard. Also pregnant women get 2 years paid (100% rate) and are legally required to return to work to the same position or better and not be fired. I do not accept any job with less than 6 weeks of vaccation, weekends and evenings off as well. If the government wants me to work for them and make less money than in corporate world then they need to show me some good benefits. Extra month of paid time off and pension is a way to get my attention. 

Message 7 of 8
Green456
Established Contributor

@CAS2019 wrote:

Are there any good credit unions that open up their field of membership after you become a government employee?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.