Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a PENFED Guru

tag
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I need a PENFED Guru

I recently applied for a Line of Credit with PenFed. I have a savings and checking, no credit products. 

Applied on 10/19. Nothing for two days. I check the app status tool and it shows loan updates today, 10/22 and at the bottom it states this:

"Loan with Loan Officer - File blocked due to California Senate Bill 168". 

I researched the bill, couldn't find anything I could make sense of. 

Some understanding would be great. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need a PENFED Guru

IIRC, I've seen reports of that message when a credit file is blocked and they can't complete a HP. Are your files unlocked (specifically EQ)?  Did they do an HP?

Message 2 of 9
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Definitely sounds like a Fraud Alert or security freeze on your report.  Should double check, I think they should be pulling Equifax

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@M_Smart007  is not only a PF Guru but EPIC!Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I'll echo what has been said. You're probably getting that message because they can't pulled your credit file.
Message 5 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Dmessina666 wrote:

I recently applied for a Line of Credit with PenFed. I have a savings and checking, no credit products. 

Applied on 10/19. Nothing for two days. I check the app status tool and it shows loan updates today, 10/22 and at the bottom it states this:

Was Your EQ Unlocked/Unfroze?

Message 7 of 9
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I coulda swore it was. PF just pulled me last week. Unlocked now. 

Message 8 of 9
2ski
Contributor

@Dmessina666 wrote:

@Dmessina666,

How did this work out? Did you get the line? I am curious because I will be apping for a PLOC soon, so I am interested in the DP's for PF. Thanks in advance for any DP's!

Current FICO 8:
Current FICO 9:

Inquires :              

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.