Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS wait

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

IRS wait

I efiled yesterday, and the status has now come alive. I wonder what the wait might be. Last year, I efiled on February 1 and received the refunds on February 10. Maybe the IRS is busy the first few days starting with January 23 and then it tapers off, or maybe it isn't busy at all until much later, I don't know.

irs-refund.png

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IRS wait

Got mine in my bank account at 1230 CST this morning.  I efiled on 1/6/17 and it said return received on 1/16,  refund approved on 1/25, and now the refund is in my account on 1/27.Untitled.png

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got mine in my bank account at 1230 CST this morning.  I efiled on 1/6/17 and it said return received on 1/16,  refund approved on 1/25, and now the refund is in my account on 1/27.Untitled.png

Nice! 

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

I efiled yesterday, and the status has now come alive. I wonder what the wait might be. Last year, I efiled on February 1 and received the refunds on February 10. Maybe the IRS is busy the first few days starting with January 23 and then it tapers off, or maybe it isn't busy at all until much later, I don't know.

irs-refund.png

I e-filed on Sunday (22 January); received 23 January and I have the same status as you. I was hoping for a quicker turn around but it is the government afterall. Hopefully next week.

Message 4 of 31
gardini51
Valued Member

**bleep**. I'm still waiting on a couple forms to file.

Message 5 of 31
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to hear! I'll update mine, when the status changes.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucky for you guys! Wish I can file now..

I'm still waiting on my 1095-A forms for me and my family.

Message 7 of 31
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

My wife's former employer sent out an email telling them that W-2s would not be available until the 31st and then only by company email.  If I had that I would be filing this morning.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 8 of 31
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I'm still waiting on all of our documents. But we usually have our return around Valentine's Day.
Message 9 of 31
jacetx
Valued Contributor

I filed on the 23rd and the ACH deposit already hit my bank account. It's in pending status and funds will be available on the 31st.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.