Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS wait

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: IRS wait

I'll be doing ours today after I take a nap (night worker). I must say, our taxes were much easier to do before I started delivering newspapers.
Message 21 of 31
elim
Senior Contributor

Might be this years fraud delay...

Tax Hikes Act of 2015 requires the IRS to hold tax refunds for taxpayers who claim the earned income tax credit or the additional child tax credit until Feb. 15 this year.  

This is the first year they will be delayed. It is in an effort to allow the legal filers time to file before a fraudulent claim is paid (and hopefully throw up a flag).

The purpose of the delay is to stop fraud.

Message 22 of 31
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Message 23 of 31
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Should be getting mine by Feb. 8th. Going from the checking straight to the Roth!

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 24 of 31
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I also filed 1/31 and my refund is set to be deposited on 2/7 according to the IRS.  About half of mine is going to pay off a CapOne card so that I can combine and not pay AF.  The rest is going to buy my kids a puppy.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 25 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And just the usual PSA: it's much better not to get refunds, you are giving interest free loans to the IRS

Message 26 of 31
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

It looks like February 15 is a big day for many!

federal-refund-approved.png

Message 27 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Refund Date:

February 17, 2017

I have an absurdly large refund coming to me this year with how wayward my life was, and that's with claiming 5 federal/state allowances even.  Ah well, fully covers the Roth contribution (which I can actually make this year) and then some.  Probably just kick the remaining to my HELOC balance since I don't have it slated for anything else and just put the school financial remanents behind me.

Will try to suck less this year in terms of keeping more of my cash in hand rather than giving them a free loan, le sigh.  Ballpark another $600 lost given this last year's historical market performance I guess.

        
Message 28 of 31
gardini51
Valued Member

I don't know if it's because I had to wait a little longer to file, but I e-filed my taxes on Saturday, 1/11, and my federal refund is already pending in my bank account today, 1/14. On the IRS where's my refund site it hasn't even updated anything besides that I've filed. I'm pretty impressed in that turn around time. I'll see when the money actually comes off pending status and is available to me. 

Message 29 of 31
gardini51
Valued Member

@gardini51 wrote:

I don't know if it's because I had to wait a little longer to file, but I e-filed my taxes on Saturday, 1/11, and my federal refund is already pending in my bank account today, 1/14. On the IRS where's my refund site it hasn't even updated anything besides that I've filed. I'm pretty impressed in that turn around time. I'll see when the money actually comes off pending status and is available to me. 

Well, my federal refund is in my bank account as of this morning. Not a bad turn around. The quickest I've ever gotten my refund.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.