Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS, you're killing me!

tag
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

IRS, you're killing me!

I had an IRS Tax Lien filed back in 2014 for taxes in years 2011 and 2013 (all connected to bad time in life that led to original financial breakdown, etc).  I've been in a direct debit repayment plan for years.  The lien does not show on my credit report, it just sits on file in the courthouse in some backwater town in Central Florida.  Anywho, taxes, interest, penalty for year 2011 are paid.  2014 is just about done (about 2k left in taxes plus int & penalties).   So,  on November 23rd I filed a request for Withdrawal of Lien. Today, according to Informed Delivery I have a correspondence from the IRS office in Buffalo NY.  I'm stuck at work.....ARGH!!!!  I'm dying to get home and rip into this thing.  Inquiring minds want to know, what's in the envelope, and why, when I live in Tennessee and the lien is in Florida, am I getting correspondence from Buffalo NY....Come on 3:30pm!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: IRS, you're killing me!

Slip out the back door. Good luck!
Message 2 of 3
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: IRS, you're killing me!

Likely a cover letter telling you that your application has been accepted and they will be processing the withdrawal. 

As I understand it IRS withdrawals themselves are filed and approved at the federal courthouse in Manhattan and after being processed you'll be sent a package via USPS with a copy of the withdrawal order that was signed by a federal judge. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.