cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight 5% APY on $5000 and Netspend 5% APY on $1000 ; How's your experience with these so far?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Insight 5% APY on $5000 and Netspend 5% APY on $1000 ; How's your experience with these so far?

No one has been able to get more than 4 Insights and 5 Netspends, you can get more than 1 Mango but only 1 savings account will be available per SS#. If you play your hands right, you can have up to 30k put away for 5%, 60k if you have a spouse.

These accounts were not designed to be used this way, the 5% savings is to entice people to apply for and use the card and pay their high fees, to Insight we're account abusers that cost them money and they will try to discourage us (or lie to us) from getting additional cards every step of the way, even though the system allows up to 4 cards.

For a better picture of how to obtain additional cards, read through this blog as well as the comments section, several times if need be.

Message 31 of 56
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: Insight 5% APY on $5000 and Netspend 5% APY on $1000 ; How's your experience with these so far?

Thats the guide I used to sign up. When I try and get another card it tells me to visit a store. I was finally able to get a 2nd card, I could use 2 more. I was looking into Mango but never signed up...
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 32 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you finally get your second card?
Message 33 of 56
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I kept applying online and one day it actually approved a second instead of telling me to visit a store. I used diff address, number, etc.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 34 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to call the backdoor number after the online application starts to reject you, most people are only able to get 1 card before they have to call in, you're one of the lucky few who got 2 out of the application. That is why I said you have to read the comments section on the blog page, most questions including this one has been answered multiple times. Here is what I posted on page 2 of this thread. BTW, I used the same email and address for all 4 cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

You get 2 accounts, the card account, technically a checking account, and the savings account activated once you've funded the card account. The savings account is FDIC insured and acts and regulated like a typical savings account except that it has no contact with the outside world and uses the card account as a go between. However, transfers between the card account and savings is instant therefore there is no time delay with the extra step.

Now on to Insight, basically few will have trouble getting the first card through their online application but after that, you'll more likely than not get a "We're unable to issue the card at this time......." message, you can wait a few days and try again and some have reported success but most likely you will have to call to get your additional cards. Do not call the main number where you're required to enter card number to get to a live rep (then they know you have multiple cards), (855)355-8117 is the back door number with direct access to live reps.

Here is the same script I've used on every call, "Hi, I'm having trouble applying online, can you please take my application over the phone?", basically pretend and make yourself believe that you're applying for the first time, you don't have to lie but don't divulge anything unless asked, certainly don't ask how many cards you can have like OP LOL. You will probably get 3 different type of responses,

1. We do not process applications over the phone, hang up and try again later. (I think it's same guy who says that all the time, if you hear a guy's voice, you might as well hang up without asking lol)

2. Our record shows that you already have X maximum number of cards, X has been reported to be anywhere from 2 to 4 depending on which CSR you talked to. Say "sorry I didn't know that, hang up and try again later. You probably won't run into this scenario unless you have divulged too much information.

3. Sure I'll be glad to help, takes your info and process application and card on the way.

I got my first card like everyone else online, denied online on multiple tries for the 2nd card, called and got it on the first try, CSR had no idea I have another card. 3rd card was tricky because I got that "no application over the phone" guy twice but persisted and got the 3rd card on the third call, again the CSR didn't seem to know about the others. Forth was weird, CSR took my info but was unable to complete because the system freezes when she hit submit, told me no worries a supervisor will complete the app later and to just wait for the card in mail. I knew better though, I suspected I have finally been flagged by the system and resigned to having just 3 card, for some odd reason I decided to give the online app a try before giving up and BOOM, app went right through without a hitch (lucky). I thought maybe I had 2 cards coming but eventually only one showed up so my suspicion of being flagged is probably correct. I still hit up the online app once in a while and may call again to see if I can get that elusive 5th card but something in me says I should quit while ahead.

Message 35 of 56
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Well dang, idk how I missed that and thanks!

Edit: After a 5 minute call, my 3rd card is on the way. Easy as pie and i used the same info as well.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 36 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, I hope you get your 3rd and 4th, just be persistent like you did with the second card, no matter how many times you're told no.

Edit: Congrats! You did emphasize the "pay as you go" part right?  

Message 37 of 56
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Yep, pay as you go or no go lol
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 38 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update. Unlike other banks, Discover was able to successfully pull back the trial deposit amounts. Not sure why Insight allowed Discover to pull back the trial deposits but many other banks discussed above.

Message 39 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.  I use Discoverbank for all my transfers.  Works with insight card too.  slower than others, but savings will likely just sit in the account for long periods anyway.  2 extra days of missed interest won't hurt much.  One less postage stamp I can buy.

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.