cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Fun vs Saving and Strugg Life?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installment Fun vs Saving and Strugg Life?

Duders my cashflow is negative, have some savings but bills though, and have been defering enjoyment on something for a decade next winter 11 years. 

When I had to buy lots of cell phones after water / idiot damage I got them through no interest loan affirm gave  on retailers checkout.

Now the airlines are doing this.  My reasoning is that whether I start earning more or not, my credit is good now and the offer is there.  If I wait until more saving deplete and still no better work situation then for sure most def can't go.  So I should apply and buy right?  I am not worried about approval, I am just worried if it's stupid to enter another payment now when I am already in the red?

Things turn around but its a gamble, but many times in my life I "played it safe" with ostrich strategy and it was the wrong move.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Installment Fun vs Saving and Strugg Life?

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Im sorry, but Im very confused by your post. What is it exactly you're wanting or trying to do?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help rationalize spending money I don't with the degenerate gambler logic I use in my own head (come on man, $50 a month do it do it).  Just typing it out seems like a bad idea but I keep putting this off.  Basically travel I need to do but can't really afford to buy plane tickets up front and to put on a card I already have I can't pay it off in a month and interest is too high and I don't carry balances it's not my way or balliwick.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now the airlines are doing this.  My reasoning is that whether I start earning more or not, my credit is good now and the offer is there.  If I wait until more saving deplete and still no better work situation then for sure most def can't go.  So I should apply and buy right?  I am not worried about approval, I am just worried if it's stupid to enter another payment now when I am already in the red?

Things turn around but its a gamble, but many times in my life I "played it safe" with ostrich strategy and it was the wrong move.

Yes, it is stupid to start yet another payment when you're already in the red.

You specified in a latter post that it's an additional $50/month. Far from a gamble, it is a complete certainty that paying an additinal $50/month will put you in a worse financial situation. You know this.

Vacationing when you know you can't afford it is going to be a lot more stressful than vacationing when you have the money.

I hear you that you feel the need to live life while you can. I lost over a decade of my life to severe illness and cannot do vacations or travel yet, but I'm almost debt free. I know how difficult it is, but take the sure bets that will put you in the best position to come out of this mess. Give yourself the gift of hope and possibility of a better future.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.