Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Amex Lending options

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Interesting Amex Lending options

Figured id put this here since its regards to personal loans.

I was just browsing my Amex accounts and as always i check the Lending options which has everything from combining limits to requesting credit to Amex personal loans.i did have a pl before i paid off with a different loan. As usuall i never expect to be offered another one in my lifetime since im on the lower part of credit totem pole but its usually there to check.

Today i see no mention of personal loans/ business loans, on the site and just curious if anyone else sees this or are they just cutting off people like me with low income/ high probabilty of job loss? Thanks 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting Amex Lending options

Still there for me...

Message 2 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Still there for me...

Lol, that about sums it up for meSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 21
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Figured id put this here since its regards to personal loans.

I was just browsing my Amex accounts and as always i check the Lending options which has everything from combining limits to requesting credit to Amex personal loans.i did have a pl before i paid off with a different loan. As usuall i never expect to be offered another one in my lifetime since im on the lower part of credit totem pole but its usually there to check.

Today i see no mention of personal loans/ business loans, on the site and just curious if anyone else sees this or are they just cutting off people like me with low income/ high probabilty of job loss? Thanks 

I had to log in and check. 

I have never been offered a personal loan (there was always a link to check) but in the past there was a business loan preapproval. As of right now my there is no mention of any loan product in my account. My reported income with Amex is 85k (haven't updated since my promotion) so it is not just low income earnings causing the option to go poof.

Message 4 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit, Button is always there for Me, but they do not like My "CREDIT SEEKING BEHAVIOR"

"No Soup for You"     oh well their lossSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks guys for checkingSmiley Happy Smartie, you dont need them lol you hit jackpot with Pf. Not only with limit and apr, but paying PF pushes your due date unlike Amex.

Message 6 of 21
iced
Valued Contributor

I don't see anything called Lending Options anywhere, but under Menu there's Personal Loans. Looks like they're still doing some preapprovals, at least:

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 3.14.30 PM.png

Message 7 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Thanks guys for checkingSmiley Happy Smartie, you dont need them lol you hit jackpot with Pf. Not only with limit and apr, but paying PF pushes your due date unlike Amex.

Joe, Thanks! .. I did not know that about Amex.

Take care and it will get better for you. Hard to see that at times.

Glad to have you around, You are a real asset to myFICO.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have an offer but the ability to check is still there and we have similar income. 

Message 9 of 21
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

No soup for me, either. 🤷🏽

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.