Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Lending Club legitimate ?

tag
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

Is Lending Club legitimate ?

I was kinda looking at personal loans to fix up a house to sell it soon and not rack up the credit card debt. I get the mailers from best egg and lending club seems like daily. I checked Penfed and the rate was 12.99%. My local bank there starting rates are not even competitive. I don't quilify for Navy. I went ahead and checked Lending Club and the rate was 6.34% but had the fee of $400. To me it sounds like a good deal but I didn't know how easy they are to deal wtih. Any ideas or comments are appriciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Is Lending Club legitimate ?

If you search on "Lending Club" in this board, you should be able to find several relevant posts such as this thread.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
disney2
Regular Contributor

I've used them and had no issue.  I paid it off early and there was no prepay penalty.  They were easy to deal with.  

Message 3 of 5
smcl1919
Established Member

I've had a great experience with LC. I have a $40k personal loan with them since Dec 2021 for debt consolidation and reports as an installment loan on your CR. TU pulled at that time was ~724. The application process was very smooth. I'll be paying off the loan early (no pre-payment which is nice) and hopefully re-fi for a lower rate if possible. The downside is the origination fee. Happy to answer any questions if you have them. 

LOAN TERMS

Original Loan Amount:$40,000
Loan term:60 months
Interest rate:8.59%
APR:11.26%
Monthly Payment$822.40
Message 4 of 5
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input. I just didn't want to pull the trigger and miss something in the fine print and regret it. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.