Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's official! I'm an Affinity FCU member

tag
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: It's official! I'm an Affinity FCU member

@AnonymousCongratulations and Welcome! I love Affinity.

@Duke_NukemI'm so jealous there was no signup bonus for checking when I joined. It's for new members only. Sigh.

To those who asked I did not have to provide POI when I applied. You can pay a $5 membership to join so all can apply.

Message 11 of 21
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

Congrats!!

Took me three weeks and multiple phone calls before I finally got in just last week! lol!

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used my CSP(CA is $100)to fund membership/donation/checking for 1K total. Just now funded smart start savings for 1K. This CU is helping me get my SUB alot faster!

Message 13 of 21
disney2
Regular Contributor

Which Affinity does everyone use?  I've googled it several times and never can figure out which one to use.

Message 14 of 21
justjac2
Regular Contributor

Affinity Federal Credit Union in New Jersey, affinityFCU.com

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 15 of 21
morethan20yaks
New Contributor

In case anyone was on the fence - They're running a $150 SUB right now (effectively $140 once you pay the $10 to sign up). Seems like they're reaching outside of their geographic area.

I apped for the 1% cash back debit checking and funded with my Discover card. That cleared with no cash advance fee, so another $20 cash back. I had my SSN and stubs ready, but they only requested ID.

Was logged into my online banking before noon the next morning! They seem great so far. Gonna stick $2500 in their high yield savings and maybe move to Jersey? Yeaaa, that all sounds lovely Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morethan20yaks wrote:

In case anyone was on the fence - They're running a $150 SUB right now (effectively $140 once you pay the $10 to sign up). Seems like they're reaching outside of their geographic area.

I apped for the 1% cash back debit checking and funded with my Discover card. That cleared with no cash advance fee, so another $20 cash back. I had my SSN and stubs ready, but they only requested ID.

Was logged into my online banking before noon the next morning! They seem great so far. Gonna stick $2500 in their high yield savings and maybe move to Jersey? Yeaaa, that all sounds lovely Smiley Happy

They also offer fast external transfers.  ACH transfers initiated by 1630 post the next day.

Daily: Inbound 25K, Outbound 15K

Rolling 28-Day: Inbound 75K, Outbound 25K

Message 17 of 21
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on membership! I been with them few months and they have been great to deal with. CSR is very helpful.  I got the 1% cashback checking initially but changed to more checking to get the divvy.  HP EX for CC.  That cash rewards card is one of my daily drivers. 

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 18 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@morethan20yaks wrote:

@morethan20yaks, Be careful on the $2500.00 as I am pretty sure any balance above $2499.99 only gets 1%

For that reason I only added $2450.00 (the devil is in the details..lol)

You might call to confirm, if it is tiered for anything above $2499.99?

(click image to enlarge)

Message 19 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@morethan20yaks wrote:

@morethan20yaks, Be careful on the $2500.00 as I am pretty sure any balance above $2499.99 only gets 1%

For that reason I only added $2450.00 (the devil is in the details..lol)

You might call to confirm, if it is tiered for anything above $2499.99?

(click image to enlarge)

1% is much higher than average as well.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.