Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's that SDFCU time a year again!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It's that SDFCU time a year again!

Received my pre-approved no-hassle check today! If you other members haven't yet. You probably will over the next few days.

7.49% $6000

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's that SDFCU time a year again!

Congratulations! I usually get one before Christmas, not this time of year. Do you take them up on their offer? Also, do you have a credit card with them? Thanks, in advance.

Message 2 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Hey ML, no I don't have a CC with them. They'll send a pre-qualified offer for a CC once or twice a year. We already know their CC offers are bait and switch.😂
I've only taken them up once on the personal loan offer. All of my other offers were $4500. This is the first time it's been raised to $6000. Interest rate offer seems to get lower as time goes on as well.

Strange, I thought you also received these twice a year? They come like clock work for me. Normally once in the middle of the year and once at the end.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Hey ML, no I don't have a CC with them. They'll send a pre-qualified offer for a CC once or twice a year. We already know their CC offers are bait and switch.😂
I've only taken them up once on the personal loan offer. All of my other offers were $4500. This is the first time it's been raised to $6000. Interest rate offer seems to get lower as time goes on as well.

Strange, I thought you also received these twice a year? They come like clock work for me. Normally once in the middle of the year and once at the end.

My offers have been $6000 with the low interest rate you received. I took them up on it. I still only receive the offers once a year close to the holidays. Go figure. I have applied for their low interest credit card twice to no avail. Not going there again, although I do have several credit card offers offers showing on my account now. That is new.  Now that I don't need or want them, I get offers. Figures. lol Not taking them up on it, though. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah, they **bleep** me down when I first joined them a couple of years ago. I've no interest in trying again. lol
I don't understand how they can send me these personal loan checks to cash with no collateral. But deny me a CC? It makes no sense to me.🤔
Message 5 of 12
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I got mine in today’s mail.  I’m going to pass on this one, but I may call in tomorrow to see if hey you can send me a check, can you give me a 2% cash back card?

Guyatthebeach

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

I got mine in today’s mail.  I’m going to pass on this one, but I may call in tomorrow to see if hey you can send me a check, can you give me a 2% cash back card?

Guyatthebeach

Let us know what you find out. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

It was a no go. According to the rep, it's a hard hit for a new card.  From my coversation, they aren't doing PC's yet.

Guyatthebeach

Message 8 of 12
minski
Established Contributor

I'm thinking about joining them at the end of the year for the 2% card. Can you offer any details on why you were denied the card? Too many inquiries? Too many new accounts? Too much CL for income? By the end of the year all of my 2017 new accounts will be a year old as will their inquiries. I have no new accounts 2018 as of yet. I also have over twice my income in CL but am planning on closing a few cards down as well as request a few CLD if necessary. 

Message 9 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

My denial was for too many recent accounts and insufficient income verses CLs.
That's just the opinion of one UW at that particular CU.
This doesn't mean you'd be denied from a different CU or bank.

Penfed for example wasn't phased by my limits, which are more than 3 times higher than when SDFCU denied me on the same income.

I don't reduce my credit limits for anyone. If they can't see passed the limits and judge me on perfect payment history and credit management. Then I don't need their CCs any way.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.