Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining DCU questions

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Joining DCU questions

Currently I am a member of NFCU and USAA. I like the fact that DCU has 1.49% on auto loans up to 60 months where USAA and NFCU only have it up to 36 months. So i was thinking about possibly joining DCU. I was told you can just donate 10 dollars to something and that makes you eligible. I dont need a loan or anything currently but I was thinking that it might be a good idea just to become a member.

What exactly do I need to provide to DCU during membership? I have read that people need to send in a DL copy, SS card (i currently dont have one .. need to get a replacement) and utility bill (dont have any).

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Joining DCU questions

You will need your DL, SS card, and a bill (bank statement or auto registration works I believe). Not all people need to provide this stuff given that your credit report matches your current address, name, DOB etc. some people get instant approval from the online application after asking the verification questions Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cartwrna wrote:
You will need your DL, SS card, and a bill (bank statement or auto registration works I believe). Not all people need to provide this stuff given that your credit report matches your current address, name, DOB etc. some people get instant approval from the online application after asking the verification questions Smiley Happy

+1

Message 3 of 4
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Alright thanks. All my info matches up perfectly and my credit report is clean. I think I will hold off now since I froze my credit reports .. maybe next year. I mainly want to join for the auto loan rate since it goes to 60 months and NFCU only goes to 36 months for their best rate

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.