Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining NAVY Fed ?

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Joining NAVY Fed ?

@Anonymous wrote:
@allzero welcome, plenty of people here that’s helped me in the last 6 mos or so, least I can do is pass on the help and dps for someone else

Congrats!

Message 31 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Phoenixupward wrote:

As long as the daughter can show proof.  If she doesn't want to deal with her father, she can easily obtain his discharge papers.  I joined Navy Fed via my deceased grandfather.   Since I had an account with Ancestry.com, I obtained both of his discharge papers from 2 wars very quickly and easily (in a matter of seconds).   Upon approval for membership,  I uploaded the documents and received confirmation just to be on the safe side.  Navy Fed will freeze your accounts and cancel your membership due to fraudulence and misrepresentation if an internal audit occurs.  
'Good Luck. 

"Ancestry"

That is a first I have read on anyone joining by having Ancestry .com records.

Another DP.

Message 32 of 33
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Joining Navy was easy but I wanted to make sure I had the documentation to back up my membership.  The CSR never asked me to authenticate my grandfather's service record but I was aware of Navy's membership audit.  

But, yes Ancestry.com  was very helpful and maybe it can help others.  

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.