Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining NFCU

tag
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Joining NFCU

I am looking at their mortgage products, and my Brother In Law is USMC.

He's given me his details in order to sign up, but because I'm looking for a mortgage in the next few months, I don't really want a hard pull.

Does anyone have any DPs on NFCU and if they do SP or HP just to open a savings account? No credit products required right now.

Thanks!

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Joining NFCU

ldkcivilservant Welcome To myFICO Forums!!!

i know for membership and Savings, they did not HP Me.

only HP'd TU For CashRewards CC

best to be on The safe side call them 1-888-842-6328

Navy is outstanding!!!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joining nfcu is a SP.  Only when you apply for products will it result in a HP- TU for new CC's and EQ for everything else. 

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does nfcu accept civilians?
Message 4 of 21
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

If you're related to a service member yes. My Brother in Law is USMC, and he provided a refferal for me.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 5 of 21
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

As a further DP, signing up did indeed only require a SP

Message 6 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on becoming a Navy Member!

Message 7 of 21
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

My deceased father was in the Navy.  My brother was in the reserves.  I keep meaning to get their info to sign up at the local NFCU, as I keep reading wonderful things about it on here, and never realized I could qualify before reading on here.   From what I know,  my father was never a member of NFCU, nor is my brother now, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 8 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Jannelo wrote:

My deceased father was in the Navy.  My brother was in the reserves.  I keep meaning to get their info to sign up at the local NFCU, as I keep reading wonderful things about it on here, and never realized I could qualify before reading on here.   From what I know,  my father was never a member of NFCU, nor is my brother now, but I guess that doesn't matter.

My Father was Never a Member of NFCU, but Served in The Air Force. He Passed 19 1/2 years ago.

That Qualified Me To Be a Member. Call Them at the phone # I posted above. GREAT People!!!

Edit to Add:

Family Members

We know military families also serve in their own way. Immediate family members include:

• Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Spouses
  • Siblings
  • Children (including adopted and stepchildren)
  • Grandchildren
  • Household members
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are super nice.  I got in using my natural father. (passed many years ago)  With my birth date I thought they may give me a hard time ( I was just plain lucky I did not go to Vietnman)   

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.