cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining NFCU

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Joining NFCU

I am looking at their mortgage products, and my Brother In Law is USMC.

He's given me his details in order to sign up, but because I'm looking for a mortgage in the next few months, I don't really want a hard pull.

Does anyone have any DPs on NFCU and if they do SP or HP just to open a savings account? No credit products required right now.

Thanks!

FICO 8s 790-807 across all 3 CRBs

NFCU More Rewards: $29K | NFCU Platinum: $25.5K | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Amex Delta Blue $15k | Discover IT: $8.4K
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Joining NFCU

ldkcivilservant Welcome To myFICO Forums!!!

i know for membership and Savings, they did not HP Me.

only HP'd TU For CashRewards CC

best to be on The safe side call them 1-888-842-6328

Navy is outstanding!!!

“There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts.”
Message 2 of 21
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Joining nfcu is a SP.  Only when you apply for products will it result in a HP- TU for new CC's and EQ for everything else. 

"Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash".
Message 3 of 21
Highlighted

Does nfcu accept civilians?
Message 4 of 21
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

If you're related to a service member yes. My Brother in Law is USMC, and he provided a refferal for me.

NFCU More Rewards: $29K | NFCU Platinum: $25.5K | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Amex Delta Blue $15k | Discover IT: $8.4K
Message 5 of 21
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

As a further DP, signing up did indeed only require a SP

Message 6 of 21
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on becoming a Navy Member!

“There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts.”
Message 7 of 21
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My deceased father was in the Navy.  My brother was in the reserves.  I keep meaning to get their info to sign up at the local NFCU, as I keep reading wonderful things about it on here, and never realized I could qualify before reading on here.   From what I know,  my father was never a member of NFCU, nor is my brother now, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC'd to Quicksilver (9/19) - $700 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $1650 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $1000 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $4800 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL

Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO Score - 8/2020 - 672
Equifax FICO score 7/2020 - 668
TransUnion FICO score 7/2020 - 655
Message 8 of 21
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

@Jannelo wrote:

My deceased father was in the Navy.  My brother was in the reserves.  I keep meaning to get their info to sign up at the local NFCU, as I keep reading wonderful things about it on here, and never realized I could qualify before reading on here.   From what I know,  my father was never a member of NFCU, nor is my brother now, but I guess that doesn't matter.

My Father was Never a Member of NFCU, but Served in The Air Force. He Passed 19 1/2 years ago.

That Qualified Me To Be a Member. Call Them at the phone # I posted above. GREAT People!!!

Edit to Add:

Family Members

We know military families also serve in their own way. Immediate family members include:

• Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Spouses
  • Siblings
  • Children (including adopted and stepchildren)
  • Grandchildren
  • Household members
Message 9 of 21
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

They are super nice.  I got in using my natural father. (passed many years ago)  With my birth date I thought they may give me a hard time ( I was just plain lucky I did not go to Vietnman)   

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.